Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiFit Update on 3.2u system menu

Posted by Dazwa 
WiiFit Update on 3.2u system menu
December 09, 2008 04:41AM
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I ran into a problem recently. I have a 3.2u system menu along with Homebrew Channel on my wii, and have been avoiding system updates like suggested. I want to play wiifit, but it requests a system update. I've tried googling which system menu wiifit will update to, but only found mixed answers, ranging from the update being 3.2, 3.4, among others, so I figured I'd ask directly.

On a 3.2u system menu, what will the WiiFit system update do?
Re: WiiFit Update on 3.2u system menu
December 09, 2008 11:15AM
don't update!

Just download gecko os, and run through the homwbrew channel (or other) from inside the gecko app you can just start the dsik and this bypasses the update and just loads the game
December 09, 2008 12:15PM
I'm pretty sure that WiiFit won't run without the update. AFAIK this update is needed for the balance board to work.

Besides, I ran the update on my PAL console and still have 3.2E.
December 09, 2008 01:34PM
You could always use WUFE to check what update files are on the disc, and use WAD Manager to selectively install them :-)
December 09, 2008 06:05PM
Its 3.3v1. Install starfall so you can avoid disc updates.
December 10, 2008 01:42PM
hotzenplotz
Besides, I ran the update on my PAL console and still have 3.2E.

Arikado
Its 3.3v1. Install starfall so you can avoid disc updates.

So, which one is it?

Arikado, do you own a PAL Wii?
December 10, 2008 10:28PM
No, I have an ntsc wii. It doesn't matter which one it is. 3.2 is the best one to be on. Starfall will protect you from all disc updates and it can be uninstalled at any time you choose.
December 11, 2008 04:50PM
Arikado
No, I have an ntsc wii. It doesn't matter which one it is. 3.2 is the best one to be on.
3.2 is the best, without a doubt, but hotzenplotz said, that the Wii Fit update did not raise his System Menu version beyond 3.2.E

And you said you got updated to 3.3.E

So maybe WiiFit does not update PAL consoles to 3.3.
December 11, 2008 09:13PM
Indeed I was updated to 3.3U (downgraded later though). However my Wii Fit is relatively new so perhaps Nintendo put the update only on newer discs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login