Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What happens when your v4.2 bricks and you need to update it

Posted by elmoreas 
What happens when your v4.2 bricks and you need to update it
January 15, 2010 09:20PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I cannot figure out what section to post it in as it is not an actual brick issue just a what if. I want to know and figure others would like to know as well so this information will benefit others as well as me. If this is the wrong place to put this post please move it and accept my appology, I just don't know where to put it. Anyways my question is if you have system version v4.2 installed and your Wii bricks and you want to use savemii to unbrick it you need a game disc with an update on it to do so, so what do you do when 4.2 is already installed? Do you just reinstall 4.2, is that possible? Are you "threaded nailed"? Do you have to wait for a new version and a game with it on it? Can you use the autoboot disc with the repair tools that came with the original savemii for systems <3.3 to do anything, though probably not? So does anyone know what to do in this situation? Thanks for the info, I am sure others will find this useful if their wii bricks and they are on 4.2 and considering getting a savemii. Oh and one last question does update blocker on a system, prevent you from using savemii and a game disc to update the system menu to unbrick a Wii? Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 09:22PM by elmoreas.
Re: What happens when your v4.2 bricks and you need to update it
January 15, 2010 10:34PM
Just wait for 4.3, that's about it.
Re: What happens when your v4.2 bricks and you need to update it
January 16, 2010 12:47AM
The skip disc update check patch in Starfall and Startpatch does prevent an update being installed from a game disc through the rescue menu. This also applies with Preloader, however, with Preloader you can easily disable the patch and install the update. Although, in this case there would be an easier way to fix it. If the brick is caused by installing a system menu of the wrong region, however, the patch will be removed, so an update can be installed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login