Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need help installing the Twilight hack. Also, that IRC channel doesn't work.

Posted by Hippochinfat 
Re: I need help installing the Twilight hack. Also, that IRC channel doesn't work.
August 11, 2008 12:47PM
Format to FAT16 thats EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED to do...
I've already said this: I can't! I don't know how to! When I right click then click format only FAT 32 shows up.
Re: I need help installing the Twilight hack. Also, that IRC channel doesn't work.
August 11, 2008 03:29PM
How about you just get rid of everything on your SanDisk card. Then put the Twilight Hack save file on it. Then put the homebrew channels boot.elf on it. Delete the Twilight Save File on your wii. Import the hacked save file into your Wii. Start Twilight with the hacked file. Talk to the first person you see. Hope that helps!
I found out how to do it! In windows FAT16 is just called FAT. Whaddya know. That's great news for me! I'm going to try it out now, see if it works after putting the homebrew files back into the root of my SD card.

Okay, I tried it out. It didn't work but I still feel good now that I formatted it, I feel like I'm getting close. I downloaded Homebrew files and Twilight hack BEFORE I formatted it so should I delete them and reinstall them then do the process over again?

I also put the private folder in the SD card root which I didn't do before. It still didn't work but I feel like I'm getting closer.

What could I be doing wrong though? Is it possible I installed the wrong version of the Twilight hack? I never updated my Wii with the latest update.
August 11, 2008 06:52PM
PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a .zip you can extract to the root of your SanDisk with everything you need.
August 11, 2008 08:30PM
Actually, here is what got me started: Wii homebrew tutorial with easy .zip
Okay so I'm pretty sure I unzipped the file and I put it in my SD card root but it's not working. Do I need to do something involving extracting? Sorry, I'm bad at this.
August 11, 2008 10:08PM
Yes, you need to use an unzipping program to extract the files from the .zip directly to the root of your SanDisk card. Use this:WinRar
I clicked extract files then a folder with the same name came up. Time to try it out and see if it works!

Edit: It didn't work! What could I have done wrong? Was it what I just said above?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2008 10:27PM by Hippochinfat.
August 11, 2008 10:42PM
If the .zip is in the SanDisks root try right clicking and then clicking extract here.
I used extract files last time, I'll try that.

It addes some new folders when I did that so it looks like it's working but I'll go test it out.
I did it!

Thank you so much, I couldn't have done it without you helping me man!

Now to install Ocarina, that's much easier though, right?
August 11, 2008 11:08PM
Dont be mad but I purposly didn't respond, hoping you would figure it out. Hows' quake?
Quake is messed. I'm controlling the pointing part but I have no control over movement or shooting...weird. Probaly just a problem with my nunchuck, it's been acting up.

I'm nearly done installing Ocarina, I've done all the steps, do you activate VIA homebrew channel or some other way? I really need help on this part, then I'll be finished!

Here are the steps I followed:

1. Open the zip file, extract the contents to a folder (usual winzip stuff)
2. Inside the folder you extracted them, open a folder that was created called 'pc'. Open codemgr.exe
3. Figure out which version of Brawl you have.
Open your SD Card's folder and go to 'private' > 'wii' > 'app'. Inside 'app', there will be a folder that says either 'rsbe' or 'rsbp'.
Remember which one it is!
4. Go to 'File' > 'Open TXT file' in codemgr.exe
5. Open the text file in the 'pc' folder that matches the name of the folder on your SD Card.
6. If you've ever used an Action Replay, the list that appears on the left should look familiar. Click whatever cheats you want to be activated.
7. Click 'Export to GCT', a button near the bottom of codemgr.exe
8. The codes will be saved to a file. The program now asks if you want to save the file to your computer (to put on an SD Card later) or directly to the SD Card.
9. Click 'Store' once you've made your selection.
10. Next to the 'pc' folder, there was a 'hbc' folder. Open that, and save the 'ocarina' folder inside it to your SD Card.

I did everything it says to do there. What else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2008 11:53PM by Hippochinfat.
Wait, I put the Ocarina folder in the apps folder, that's a step on the right track. It still doesn't work though. Do I have to check the homebrew channel first or something?
Hippochinfat
Wait, I put the Ocarina folder in the apps folder, that's a step on the right track. It still doesn't work though. Do I have to check the homebrew channel first or something?
For quake just unplug the nunchuck and then replug it in.

For ocarina you have to go to Ocarina\hbc\ and copy that ocarina file to apps

Look in Ocarina\pc\ and run the codemgr.exe program and apply codes.

copy the GCT file to SD:\codes\

Then run ocarina in the homebrew channel
The Ocarina file in HBC is a GCT file, right? Because it is in mine.

Okay I tried it and it didn't work. I move around to much stuff in the Ocarina file. What was the file in HBC called?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2008 01:19AM by Hippochinfat.
Try using the HomeBrew Browser instead.
It lets you download apps directly to your wii. You can install ocarina from the HBB
Where is the Homebrew Bowser/ Where can I get it?

I think I might have fixed it, you meant move the folder named Ocarina under HBC to apps. I did that, I'm going to try it out, if it doesn't work I'll try that HBB.

It worked! Thanks for the advice!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2008 01:24AM by Hippochinfat.
August 12, 2008 02:22AM
Please use ocarina responsibly. To many people are using it to suck the fun out of Mario Kart and Brawl. I'm resorting to friends matches only now because of it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login