Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updating the Wii.....question

Posted by U_Fig 
Updating the Wii.....question
January 26, 2010 04:48AM
i'm looking for some guidence here...i installed homebrew channel almost a year ago if not longer..and i havn't really been keeping up to date with the community in fact i didn't really have access to my wii cause i was away at college...but i was wondering....i recently bought the wii balance board with wii fit plus...however it says i cannot use it till i install the update...my wii firmware is currently 4.0e and everything runs fine...homebrew version is 1.0.6....and IOS61 is v19.26.....is there a way to update to allow the game to work without using the official Nintendo update..or is it safe to use this update.....oh i wasn't sure where to put this apologies if it's in the wrong section..
Re: Updating the Wii.....question
January 26, 2010 04:50AM
Go ahead and update your system to the latest version. Its perfectly safe, as long as you don't turn off your wii in the middle of the update process.
January 26, 2010 04:52AM
that was quick..thanks doing it now
January 26, 2010 04:54AM
Glad I could help. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. :D
January 26, 2010 05:00AM
actually i do have one small question...is there a way to get the shop channel working without the official update??
January 26, 2010 05:00AM
Yes, using Dop IOS MOD you can. But since you're already updating, that doesn't really matter.
January 26, 2010 05:05AM
well i just installed the update and I'm still on the same firmware version...the board and game are working fine....it must not have been the full update so...would you recommend updating to 4.2 then or staying at 4.0?
January 26, 2010 05:25AM
You're saying you updated the system and nothing happened?
January 26, 2010 05:34AM
it said i needed to install an update when i inserted the wii fit plus disc..so i installed the update from the disc ...so that's why i'm still on the same firmware i think..i thought it would just update the full system...but i must not have been..now i'm wondering if it's worth my while updating fully using the update in the settings ..and is it safe and would you recommend doing so..
January 26, 2010 07:52AM
Yes, you updated from the disc which is not the newest online update. It is safe to update online, but you don't have to.
Do whichever you want
January 26, 2010 07:07PM
ya i did update anyway...and everything seems to be working fine...thanks everyone
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login