Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can't install hcb 8 iso with firmware 3.1J and drivechip

Posted by cesc 
can't install hcb 8 iso with firmware 3.1J and drivechip
December 11, 2008 11:06AM
Hello.

I can't install homebrew channel beta 8 iso on my wii. I have firmware 3.1J and a drivechip.

The wii doesn't recognize the DVD at all, nothing happens when I insert it in the wii.

I checked the homebrew channel japanese iso image (http://hbc.hackmii.com/dist/the_homebrew_channel-beta_8-iso-JAP.tar.gz) with the Wii Upload Manager and it says the game zone is PAL Europe.

I'm concerned about thisI since I apparently my drivechip doesn't let me run soft from regions different than NTSC-J (but it does let me run backups).

Also, I tried to patch the iso with WiiBrickBlocker ( wich changes the ISOs to mutliregion) but it says "installer.iso isn't a valid ISOfile"

I'd appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks
Re: can't install hcb 8 iso with firmware 3.1J and drivechip
December 11, 2008 04:14PM
try using wiu 1.1 to change the region...might work, worth a shot!
December 11, 2008 11:50PM
DrLucky,

I tried wiu 1.1 and it didn't work either :(

thanks for telling me about wiu, I didn't know it and it's a nice tool. It's more informative that the others I've tried: It tells me that the iso image downloaded from the homebrew channel is a PAL image which has already been patched to NTSC/JAP!

Also it tells me that the filesize is wrong.

I wonder if any of this two conditions could be the reason why my wii doesn't load the hbc iso.

Has anybody experienced a problem like this? Is there any solution other than the zelda hack?

Thanks,
December 12, 2008 12:34AM
the file size is wrong because it isn't a game...

I probably is going to act funny since it is a homebrew iso, but I thought it would work for the region...
December 15, 2008 04:09PM
I couldn't figure out what the problem was, so I gave up and borrowed a copy of Zelda. I now have the hbc installed. Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login