Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

installing preloader or similar

Posted by dan3008 
installing preloader or similar
February 02, 2010 01:15AM
I want to install preloader or a similar program but have no wifi. Is this possable? I have system menu 3.1

if i use any reagon changer will i still be able to update the homebrew channel as my old wii (bricked) couldent after i used wanicos updatere to get it to version 4.1

ok thanks for the help all.
Re: installing preloader or similar
February 02, 2010 02:05AM
That's why you don't use Waninkoko's updater.

In any case, updating the HBC should work fine.

You don't need to use AnyRegion Changer for much of anything now.
February 02, 2010 02:10AM
Yes, you can install Preloader. However, I recommend that you install Priiloader instead, since it has a few new features. You may also want to update to 3.2, 4.1, or 4.2, since there aren't any system menu hacks available for 3.1.

I don't know what you are asking about AnyRegion Changer, but you should not have any issues after using it (unless you do something stupid). Just don't use any "safe updaters", although a guess you already knew that.
February 02, 2010 05:10PM
jbc007
Just don't use any "safe updaters", although a guess you already knew that.
lol no kidding.

ok how do i update my wii to system menu 3.2? i have found an offline installer for Preloader (which was the most important thing) now i just need to update my wii, any help guys?
February 02, 2010 06:46PM
Use AnyRegion Changer to install system menu 3.2. It will also install the appropriate IOSes, so it is the safest way to do it. However, you may want to install Bootmii as boot2 first and make a NAND backup. That way, there is no risk in doing this.
February 02, 2010 08:08PM
There is no such thing as an online preloader installer FYI, the preloader installer and priiloader installer both work without WiFi, and do not use it even if it is present.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login