Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Opera browser tabs?

Posted by JET73L 
Wii Opera browser tabs?
February 15, 2010 09:38PM
Since WiiMinder and Team-DSX's site seem to be defunct, are there any other places for tabbed internet browsing on the Wii? I've read that, as of some time in 2007, tabbed browsing via direct applications was a relative impossibility (I assume since it would require editing Opera, and the Wii Channel Opera wasn't really open source), but have advancements been made, or is there any tab emulating site that is still working? I don't need it for general use, mostly just because the only dubbed anime sites I can find with Flash 7 or earlier that work on the Wii are run on Megavideo, and without tabs or multiple windows, there is no way to watch the videos thanks to the way the have-to-see-a-popup-before-you-can-watch-the-video player activation button works (several subtitled sites work just fine, but most of the point of watching on the television is so as to be able to do other things than watch the screen all the time, like be online on my laptop computer or work on some project or other).
Re: Wii Opera browser tabs?
May 31, 2010 04:24AM
i created a site specifically for this since i wanted to listen to music and be able to do other stuff. go to innctabs.weebly.com
In my site you can have a site like finetune.com/wii open playing music, on top of that have a YouTube video playing, have other sites open, AND on top of those sites, still open a new tab to browse another site while your vids and music and all your other sites remain open. Give it a try =)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2010 04:25AM by KaneAnyt.
May 31, 2010 06:41AM
wouldn't you run out of memory?
May 31, 2010 01:55PM
Eventually, yes, you would.

If you had a swap system, it'd get slow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login