Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged OMG Ninty's gonna update my Wii while I sleep thread

Posted by bushing 
Mega Merged OMG Ninty's gonna update my Wii while I sleep thread
December 15, 2008 03:30AM
see subject. I don't expect it to actually happen, but who knows.
Updates
November 26, 2008 06:30PM
I Was just Wondering would it be possible to block the IP address of the Updates, through the router or so they couuldn't download and install.

I have a sister and brother who go on the Wii as well and I Dont want them to delete my hombrew by just updating and erasing it all. They have already upgraded me to 3.3.

Would It Be Possible.

Thanks In Advance
Re: Updates
November 27, 2008 12:00AM
Google is your friend! just search "Block IP Router" and I'm sure you'll find what you need. Then all you have to do is figure out the IP for Nintendo's update servers.

Also, can't you just tell your sibiling(s) to not update? I know little sisters can be annoying, but they can't be THAT evil!
November 27, 2008 12:37AM
Well you just put the flaw in there. Find the nintendo IPs. If you can find them I personally would like to block my wii from updates. DVDx is something I want to keep.
November 27, 2008 04:50AM
Wii_Manic
I Was just Wondering would it be possible to block the IP address of the Updates, through the router or so they couuldn't download and install.

I have a sister and brother who go on the Wii as well and I Dont want them to delete my hombrew by just updating and erasing it all. They have already upgraded me to 3.3.

Would It Be Possible.

Thanks In Advance
Use parental controls, they do more then block games.
November 27, 2008 06:30PM
@Dr Mario: il try this out as soon as possible.... If not.....

il have to find the nintendo Ips somehow..... Wonder if mii channel and the other thing are on the same IP?

strongfan
Also, can't you just tell your sibiling(s) to not update? I know little sisters can be annoying, but they can't be THAT evil!

You would think but well..... She can get annoyed if im doing hombrew and She wants to go on Cooking Mama :(

Edit: The Parental Control works, But a little too Well, It stops My Sister form going on Defend the Castle so i have to put the pin in each time......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2008 06:06PM by Wii_Manic.
Internet Connection
December 20, 2008 08:17AM
My Wii is still on v3.3, and since Nintendo changed their policy, does that mean that if I connect my Wii to the internet, they'll update it for me? Or is it ok for me to connect to the internet without that being a problem? I plan on using my Wii as a DVD player.
Re: Internet Connection
December 20, 2008 10:01AM
My Wii is constantly connected to my network (which is online), and I'm not aware of any updates to it (I'm still on v3.2). I've also playing Mario Kart Wii online and visited the Shop channel.

You should be fine, but obviously I can't state for definate.
December 20, 2008 05:41PM
right. The new policy is for those that have accepted their new policy, the people who installed 3.4

since you have 3.3, then they can not, by law, update you automatically.
December 20, 2008 06:10PM
Oh alright. Thx dude.
Quick Question on the Internet Conection
December 21, 2008 11:33AM
I am new to the forums and need a little help.

My wii is still running on it's original version, I believe v 3.1 and don't think that I need to make any updates from what i have read on your forums.

Here is my question: I am using a wireless router to my wii, unless i enable it to take updates it shouldn't do so should it?

So far all is working as expected and want it to stay that way.

Any help for this nOOb would be much appeciated

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2008 11:41AM by tbrun.
Re: Quick Question on the Internet Conection
December 21, 2008 11:54AM
Nope, updates should only happen automatically if you agreed to the v3.4 update
Updating to 3.4E when patch sig hash check done ?
January 04, 2009 03:40PM
My wii's current update is 3.2E and i've installed Wii Shop Channel and IOS51 with patch sig hash check by Tona's installer. If i'll update my Wii to 3.4E will this make my Wii to be broken ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 03:45PM by QQQQ.
Re: Updating to 3.4E when patch sig hash check done ?
January 04, 2009 06:44PM
January 05, 2009 04:57PM
why update to 3.4? Nintendo could brick you if they ever get really unfriendly with Wiibrew users
January 06, 2009 12:12AM
DrLucky
why update to 3.4? Nintendo could brick you if they ever get really unfriendly with Wiibrew users

No, they just said they could. Which is different from actually being able to do so.
January 06, 2009 12:56AM
comex
DrLucky

No, they just said they could. Which is different from actually being able to do so.

the issue is agreeing with Nintendo's EULA... whether they have the ability to or not is irrelavent. but if they can make your Wii say "You Need an update, press 'A' to agree" then they could now say "You need an update, here you go" without user input... and that update could be a bricking one...
playing online with a softmodded wii ??
January 06, 2009 11:29PM
hi all
i just wanted to know a couple things about playing online with a softmodded wii using the twlight hack... if i have a softmodded wii how could i safely play online....

i'm i ok to play online with the twlight hack as long as i don't update?? or if i remove my SD card am i safe? or do i have to delete the twlight princess gamesave? i'm kinda new so please bare with me....

also what are some most have "Apps" to stop againest bricking & updating...i think i have mostly everything, but i'm not sure.. i have FW 3.2U if that matters...
Re: playing online with a softmodded wii ??
January 06, 2009 11:36PM
As far as I know, Nintendo has no way to check if your Wii is modded, so yes you can play online regardless of what's on your Wii.
You can use Gecko OS or Starfall to block future game updates.
Re: playing online with a softmodded wii ??
January 06, 2009 11:40PM
great!!! i guess i need to turn "wiiconnect24" on for online to work right?? which means i'm gonna have to agree to that new agreement

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2009 11:40PM by newf.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login