Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii System ID Number (Changing It?)

Posted by cloakedguy 
Wii System ID Number (Changing It?)
March 31, 2010 01:09PM
I may have to get my Wii repaired again (under warranty - random SYSTEM FILES HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED messages keep appearing; never fatal, but worrisome). I know that the Savegame Manager MOD will allow me to backup all my save files (including online WiiWare ones!), but there's one other annoying snag: the Wii system ID number.

When a system is repaired/replaced, I know that NOA transfers over WiiWare/VC title licenses/whatever, however the new/repaired system generally has a memory wipe and has a new Wii Friend Code, which means that you have to swap friend codes with any other Wii owners again, and Miis from the original system can't be edited (without a little hex editing).

My question is: as formatting the Wii system appears to generate a fresh Wii system/friend code, it would appear not to be linked to the hardware; with in mind, can't the Wii system/friend number be manually edited via homebrew?

I ask this as it would solve a lot of problems if I could send my system off, get it back, then change the wii system code to match my old one. It's not as though there's a true connection between the code and any of the downloadable titles, given a new code is generated each time the system is formatted... so, again, it seems like it should be POSSIBLE to edit the Wii system ID.

Any thoughts on this, anyone?

(Heck, an all-in-one utility to copy or restore all of the following would solve most of the stupid annoyances tied to getting a Wii repaired.
* Game saves
* Game log data
* Message board messages
* Wii ID code
* Wii
* Miis )
Re: Wii System ID Number (Changing It?)
April 01, 2010 02:32AM
It may be impossible to set your system ID number. The other things seem possible but have never been done.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login