Advanced

Converting Japan Wii to US

Posted by WalangAlam 
Converting Japan Wii to US
April 02, 2010 11:46AM
Based on what I read so far, what we need to do are these:

1. Install US IOS60-patched
2. Install US System Menu 4.1
3. Use AnyRegion Changer to change the Console Area Setting, Region Setting, and Language Setting.

Are these steps correct?

Will it semibricked the Wii and Wii Settings will not be accessible anymore if we do these?
Re: Converting Japan Wii to US
April 02, 2010 01:11PM
IOS are not region specific. There is no "US IOS60", there is only IOS60. There is also no reason to patch IOS60. System Menu 4.1U (US version of 4.1) will work fine on an unpatched IOS60 v6147 (NOT a newer revision of IOS60!!).

Basically what you need to do AFAIK is change all the settings in AnyRegion Changer, then install 4.1U. Make sure you have IOS60v6147 before 4.1 is installed, or you will get a brick. If you currently have 4.0J or 4.1J, you do not need to reinstall IOS60, you already have the right version.
April 04, 2010 11:42AM
thanks it worked.
April 14, 2010 09:01PM
If you do not patch ios60, you can not boot recovery disks via savemiifrii
April 14, 2010 09:39PM
mauifrog
If you do not patch ios60, you can not boot recovery disks via savemiifrii

This is rarely useful, and still requires a mod chip. Therefore, it would be far better to install Priiloader, which would make recovery from any brick that could be fixed with a recovery disc much easier.
April 14, 2010 10:34PM
Of course, he should install priiloader, and boot2 bootmii, and anything else that may help. People do stupid crap, many times others do stupid crap for you. It is best to have as many contingencies in place as possible.

Boot2 bootmii
Priiloader, blocking all updates disk and online
Indiana pwns- installed for your region
Patched system ios, perhaps a couple others as well

I know I am crazy, but I thing that any possible safeguard should be implemented. And it has no ill effect, so you may as well where a rain coat.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login