Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bootmii question??

Posted by dan3008 
bootmii question??
April 20, 2010 10:38PM
Ok, here is my question, a while ago i tried to install bootmii on my wii, and it would only install as a IOS. However, now, i have updated my wii, and wanted to update my bootmii (to make sure i had the most up to date version) and not it will install on to boot2 :). Have the developers managed to get around the protection or has mw wii wierded out?
Re: bootmii question??
April 20, 2010 10:46PM
It still is not and probably never will be possible to install Bootmii as boot2 on newer wiis. This may have been caused by a bug in the old Hackmii Installer.
April 21, 2010 12:25AM
ah, ok, must have been. Didnt think it was going to be a back door access into the boot2. Ah well.
April 21, 2010 10:17PM
dan, i ran into the same problem... i have a first gen Wii and a while back was 95% sure that when i tried to install bootmii as boot2 it said i couldn't.

On a whim (for reasons i still don't know) i decided to try again when the new hackmii installer came out and i quickly rejoiced in the "welcome to bootmii as boot2" club.

SO if any of you have older wiis and were told by earlier versions that you could only install as IOS... check again, you may be one of the lucky ones like me and dan!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login