Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew apps lock Wii after load

Posted by Mestizo 
Homebrew apps lock Wii after load
April 27, 2010 12:09AM
After updating my NES, SNES, and GBA emulator (I didn't install IOS 202, since I don't plan on using DVDs for the Wii), 5% of the time when I load them up, there's just a black screen and nothing. The only way around it is to unplug the Wii and turn it back on. Is there a way to prevent this?
Re: Homebrew apps lock Wii after load
April 27, 2010 10:03PM
Does it give an error? Exception DSI?
April 28, 2010 11:12PM
Mestizo
there's just a black screen and nothing.

I have a similar problem. After the first complete power cycle (unplug the Wii) I can run an app (homebrew), but then any other apps I try to run just sit there with black screen. Appears my controller gets disconnected as well.
I have added several HB apps like FCE Ultra GX update, Alien Puzzle, Bash the castle, and others. I also ran Netflix from Gecko recently. Other than that I can't think of what has changed?
Any ideas? (just to spell it out--I did not run the Netflix updates)

P.S. All standard wii games run just fine (I guess i have only tested about 40% of them--but anyway, it's only HB apps that sit at a black screen)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2010 11:13PM by wiihope.
April 29, 2010 12:05AM
No error at all. It loads Homebrew Channel just fine. It's just, after the app loads, 5% of the time, it's just nothing. The remotes and gamecube controllers do not respond, and neither does the Wii's reset or power button.
April 29, 2010 12:57AM
Holding the power button long enough should turn it off. Anyway, try reinstalling the latest version of IOS 36 with DOP-Mii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2010 12:58AM by jbc007.
April 30, 2010 01:25PM
I may try the IOS 36 update, but still doesn't answer why it started happening. I am blaming the running of the Netflix disc, but I didn't install/update with it, so I am confused.
Does it by chance change things when run?

I am running IOS 36 v1042, what is the latest? I see v3351 on the DOP I have, is that the latest--should I assume the higher the number the newer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2010 05:08PM by wiihope.
April 30, 2010 06:06PM
I don't wanna tamper with the IOSs with the Wii. It started happening when I updated FCEU, Snes9x, and VBA. Odd thing is it also does it to Genesis Plus, and it only happened twice in one night. I also do not have DVDx or Netflix (no intention to watch movies on the Wii when I have a VCR/DVD player and PS2).
May 03, 2010 11:10AM
Your SD card might be corrupt, that could cause all kinds of funky stuff. Try formatting your SD card.
May 07, 2010 09:19AM
It wasn't the SD card. The other channels on it (VC and WiiWare games) loaded perfectly, and I checked the SD card on my computer, nothing wrong.

It happened again recently. First, Snes9x locked when loaded. Immediately afterwards, Homebrew Channel locked after load, then a WiiWare game locked. Afterwards, the apps and other games loaded smoothly. Must've been a random glitch, since it happened with an official Wii channel.

EDIT: Also, if it helps, my Homebrew Channel is running off of IOS 61 v.21.29.

P.S. I think I figured it out. I'm loading the stuff a bit too fast. The Wii's trying to load a game in the system. If I let the game appear in the Disk Channel, then load up each thing 5 seconds apart, it'll work. It'll also work immediately if I don't have a disk in the system

EDIT 2: I did some research, and apparently, it has to do with the wi-fi settings. If the Wii hasn't connected to the internet it's assigned to hook up to before you load it, HBC has a chance to freeze. Same thing with locating the network within HBC. This is a known bug that appears randomly and, the only ways to reverse it is to disable the internet on the Wii or perform a hard reset and hope the apps load.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2010 09:41AM by Mestizo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login