Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Nyko Wand+

Posted by TyDoMaster 
Problems with Nyko Wand+
May 15, 2010 11:22PM
Hey all. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about this kind of thing, but I really don't know where else to go.
I bought a Nyko Wand+ (cool new controller with motion plus built in). The controller works fine for the most part, but I have some weird problems. When I plug a certain nunchuck into it it goes crazy and the pointer gets all jumpy,(this does pertain to homebrew I promise) but only with that one nunchuck, and that nunckuck works fine with my other first party controllers.
The real problem is that it doesn't really work with any of my homebrew. In the homebrew channel it takes several tries to connect, and when it does only the d-pad and buttons work, no pointer. In all other homebrew it has similar problems.
If I plug in a peripheral while in HBC it does nothing, and if I plug it in at the system menu and then go into HBC it does one of 2 things: if I plug in a nunchuck (one that actually works in the system menu) it connects, but the nunchuck is unrecognized, this also goes for all apps (eg no nunchuck in emulators), or if I plug in My classic controller pro, the pointer starts working and everything! It works just like it's supposed to.

Weird huh?

My question is:
Do you think this is caused by a defective controller? (and I should take it back to get a new one)
Or is it simply that all nyko wands don't work with homebrew? (and I should get rid of it/live with it)
Does anyone else have a working nyko wand or wand+?

Sorry about the wall of text but I want to be really specific, and sorry if this belongs on another form (maybe a hardware form?) but I really don't know where else to go.

Thanks for your support.

EDIT 5/17
Got a new one and it kinda works, pointer is still gone on most homebrew sometimes but other times it works.
I think maybe I'll go over o the libogc people and request some kind of added support for this controller.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2010 11:03PM by TyDoMaster.
Re: Problems with Nyko Wand+
June 02, 2010 06:03AM
The Nyko Wand wasn't made for Homebrew in mind. Also, the Nyko Wand has had known issues with normal Wiis (losing sync when the Wii is unplugged, not syncing at all, etc)
June 07, 2010 11:25PM
General Rule of Thumb: Most third party controllers are not supported by homebrew but may become supported in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 11:25PM by Arikado.
June 10, 2010 10:44PM
In libogc SVN support for more third-party controllers was added, but I dunno if that includes Nyko Wand+.
June 11, 2010 03:06AM
Even if it does, most developers don't use the SVN builds due to them being cautioned as unstable. Plus, all existing homebrew will need to be recompiled to support the added controllers. So my rule of thumb still holds :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login