Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[SOLVED] 4.2 - Install Internet Channel

Posted by peter 
[SOLVED] 4.2 - Install Internet Channel
June 23, 2010 05:04PM
Hi folks,

I've just done the initial setup on a brand new black Wii which has the 4.2E menu by default. For obvious reasons I don't want to update to 4.3, but I would like to install the Internet Channel.

I haven't installed HackMii / BootMii yet but I plan on doing so. Once I have that installed, is there a way of installing the Internet Channel without going the whole way and installing Menu 4.3 as well?

I read on the wiki that WiiSCU could be used to update a load of channels. Is it as simple as updating the Shop Channel and installing Internet Channel as normal through that?

Thanks,
Peter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2010 01:29PM by peter.
Re: 4.2 - Install Internet Channel
June 23, 2010 05:14PM
I think Dop-Mii could install Internet Channel with no problems.
June 23, 2010 05:27PM
WiiSCU 0.24 can update the Shop Channel and from there you can update the Internet Channel and any other channel you wish. Just make sure you choose v19 of Shop Channel in WiiSCU.

This is "better" than using dop-Mii becuase you don't need a patched IOS. If you do have a patched IOS though, dop-Mii is far more versatile, and has far more options.
June 23, 2010 06:09PM
SifJar
WiiSCU 0.24 can update the Shop Channel and from there you can update the Internet Channel and any other channel you wish.

Excellent! I'll give that a go. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login