Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Update 4.3

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Wii Update 4.3
June 23, 2010 10:40AM
Someone said something about a roll back.. or taking your wii through steps to restore it to before the update.. anyone know if that is do-able without bricking?

Mestizo, so do we just sit and wait for someone to post a way around it?
June 23, 2010 11:17AM
Silly question, but can't your run DOP-Mii trough the SSBB or Indie exploits and downgrade one of your IOS so the hackmii installer works?
June 23, 2010 11:46AM
Daid: No. dop-Mii needs an IOS that accepts fake signatures, and the only way to get one if there isn't one on the Wii is to downgrade IOS15 and install one. However, one of the many bugs needed to downgrade IOS15 has finally been fixed, so its no longer possible to do that.
June 23, 2010 03:01PM
If you already had a patched version of the latest version of some IOS before you updated, you would still be able to do that.
June 23, 2010 04:17PM
I cant believe 4.3 is finally out and will remove hombrew! If anyone comes out with 4.3 hackmii installer please email me download link at No. Monitor the scene for yourself. Hope homebrew channel on SD still runs ok

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2010 05:27PM by Arikado.
June 23, 2010 04:22PM
WikiFSX
If you already had a patched version of the latest version of some IOS before you updated, you would still be able to do that.

I got a "wii message board" note saying specificly it would remove unauthorized material and programs aka homebrew channel and possibly all hombrew :{
New Wii System update. Woohoo! (not)
June 23, 2010 02:42AM
A new system update for the Wii came out yesterday (4.3U), and my little brother was screwing with my wii while I was at the store. So guess what! He saw a letter on the wii message board from Nintendo (It was about the update) and he updated it!! And when I got back HBC Was gone! (of coarse) so I went on my laptop and put the latest version of the hackmii installer on my sd card and I went back to my wii and I put in the SD card and loaded the sd card menu. The wii froze and said 'AN ERROR HAS OCCURED.THE SYSTEM FILES ARE CORUPPTED' and I cant reinstall it. A little help please?
Re: New Wii System update. Woohoo! (not)
June 23, 2010 02:55AM
First off, can your Wii boot up normally now? If it can, there's nothing you can do until Team Twiizers (possibly) releases a work-around to re-enable homebrew. If not, then at the moment, there's no choice but to get a new Wii (The update completely reverts both Boot2 and IOS BootMii, blocking all possibilities of a brick repair).

For Homebrew, at the moment, the only methods that will work is Smash Stack (on a 2GB standard SD card) or Indiana Pwns, but no channel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2010 02:56AM by Mestizo.
June 23, 2010 06:07AM
Well, I'll just have to wait. At least my wii isn't bricked.
June 23, 2010 06:21AM
Mestizo
(The update completely reverts both Boot2 and IOS BootMii, blocking all possibilities of a brick repair).
I'm pretty certain it only overwrites BootMii as IOS, unless of course you have an older boot2 version and never updated to 4.2.
June 23, 2010 06:29AM
[removed silly post -- SifJar]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2010 11:48AM by SifJar.
Wii Menu v4.3
June 23, 2010 03:13AM
Wii Menu Version 4.3 is out and it doesn't have any new features! What do I do, and what does this update do? Help!
Re: Wii Menu v4.3
June 23, 2010 03:30AM
According to the notes, the update will increase system performance (possibly no lag in online games). However, it will completely revert all Homebrew and delete them. It will remove BootMii as both Boot2 and IOS, blocking all Priiloader attempts, and fixes the security holes in all IOS.

Pretty much, a homebrew killer. Do not update if you wanna keep your homebrew.
June 23, 2010 06:12AM
Mestizo
(possibly no lag in online games)
I doubt that..
June 23, 2010 06:18AM
DO NOT UPDATE YOUR WII! It will delete bootmii/ios and bootmii/boot2 and the HBC. OR POSSIBLY BRICK YOUR WII
June 23, 2010 06:24AM
blablabla123
DO NOT UPDATE YOUR WII! It will delete bootmii/ios and bootmii/boot2 and the HBC. OR POSSIBLY BRICK YOUR WII
It only overwrites BootMii as IOS, and it deletes the HBC and DVDX (all current versions). I highly doubt it can brick your Wii
June 23, 2010 06:33AM
blablabla123

People said that about 4.2. People only bricked if they had a chip in the Wii or lost power/fiddled with the Wii during the update process. It is illegal for a hardware developer to put code in an update that was designed to brick the unit. If they did, they'd have to repair all affected units, even ones modded, for free and be forced to remove the update.

Anyway, let's hope Team Twiizers can do what they did with 4.2 and release a workaround within a week of the update. Work hard, fellas! *raises Wii remote high in salute to them*
June 23, 2010 06:49AM
Mestizo
People only bricked if they had a chip in the Wii or lost power/fiddled with the Wii during the update process.

A very small number of wiis actually were bricked by the boot2 update. Although it is very rare that the boot2 update fails twice on the same wii, so many wiis have received the update that it is not surprising that some were bricked.

Mestizo
It is illegal for a hardware developer to put code in an update that was designed to brick the unit. If they did, they'd have to repair all affected units, even ones modded, for free and be forced to remove the update

How quickly we forget about error 003. To my knowledge, no one managed to get Nintendo to fix a wii bricked with a 003 error, nor has Nintendo removed this feature from the update.
June 23, 2010 11:48AM
BootMii/boot2 is not deleted by this update provided you already have boot2v4.
June 23, 2010 05:34PM
There is nothing you can do at the moment except wait for solutions to become available.

Those of you who haven't updated yet will soon be able to update safely using DOP-Mii v13. Lunatik and I are working really hard on getting it pushed out later today.

Team Twiizers, Team Riivlution, and others have tons of IOS exploits to do what the blocked ones could do. There should be a new HackMii Installer released very soon. probably later today.

Bannerbomb and the Twilight Hack are not coming back. Stop asking about them (The Twilight Hack has been long gone forever by the way). However, myself and many other people will be dedicating a lot of time to finding new exploits for different games to make it easier for people to use homebrew without spending more money then the cost of an SD Card. New exploits should indefinitely be slowly trickling out in the future.

Calm down. Everything is under control. You will all have your homebrew restored soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2010 05:35PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login