Advanced

Wii Update 4.3

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Wii Update 4.3
June 29, 2010 12:33AM
i do and it still says downgrade ios 37
June 29, 2010 12:49AM
Does ANYONE know how to access the Wii Shop Channel without updaing as I heard 4.3 blocks Homebrew Channel from accessing? Any bypass is what I need in order to continue purchasing Classic Games. I already have Homebrew and have 4.2 version. I NEED Wii Shop Channel to work!
June 29, 2010 01:19AM
smashdude
Does ANYONE know how to access the Wii Shop Channel without updaing as I heard 4.3 blocks Homebrew Channel from accessing? Any bypass is what I need in order to continue purchasing Classic Games. I already have Homebrew and have 4.2 version. I NEED Wii Shop Channel to work!

WiiSCU v0.24. Update to v19 of the Wii Shop Channel, and you're G2G, or pick the other versions, and it'll pick the latest update automatically. Here's the link.

[wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 01:22AM by Mestizo.
June 29, 2010 01:32AM
WiiSCU v0.24 WiiSCU v0.22 or WiiSCU v0.21
[Included with 0.22-0.24, download source for WiiSCU v0.21. Source]
Peripherals

Warning!
This homebrew makes permanent changes to your Wii's flash memory (NAND) and should be used with caution.

There are 3 download links. You say I should use 0.24 out of those three? And where do I put it, on the apps or the root of my SD card? And then what? Extract and then go to Wii Shop Channel and continue purchasing games?
June 29, 2010 02:09AM
smashdude
WiiSCU v0.24 WiiSCU v0.22 or WiiSCU v0.21
[Included with 0.22-0.24, download source for WiiSCU v0.21. Source]
Peripherals

Warning!
This homebrew makes permanent changes to your Wii's flash memory (NAND) and should be used with caution.

There are 3 download links. You say I should use 0.24 out of those three? And where do I put it, on the apps or the root of my SD card? And then what? Extract and then go to Wii Shop Channel and continue purchasing games?

v.0.24. Put it in your Apps folder. Run it in Homebrew Channel, choose to install Wii Shop v19, run the update. It takes about 5-10 minutes for it to update. When it's finished, return to the system menu, and Wii Shop should work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 02:10AM by Mestizo.
June 29, 2010 02:16AM
Alright thanks for the clarification! Will try it out. In the meantime I need help with getting my Wii to read DVD's after installing and getting DVDX to work.
June 29, 2010 02:20AM
If you're talking about homebrew on DVDs or DVD movies, IOS 202 and MPlayer CE (both in the link, the ones with the green "featured" next to it) should be enough. If you're talking about game back-ups, then we have nothing to say. DVDx is obsolete.

[code.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 02:21AM by Mestizo.
June 29, 2010 02:31AM
I don't even know what game backups ate but ok. I have mplayer CE as well as IOS 202 but whenever I play the DVD the screen nor the sound does not change to DVD mode. It just stays on the app screen and does not change whatsoever. I also have wii media player and tried to play DVDs using that but it keeps on giving me "error invalid DVD". I do not know what is wrong here.
June 29, 2010 02:36AM
I know Nintendo has a new disk drive they implement in all new/repaired Wiis. If your Wii is less than about 5 months old, you probably have one. They completely block all DVDs except for the Netflix disk.
June 29, 2010 02:44AM
My hacked wii is about 5 months old or even less but my wii is 3.5 years old. Friend found one remaining at target and purchased it for mii since she new I love video games so much! So what do I do now that media player CE seems to not change to relfect DVD mode? And what DVD's will the wii read and which ones won't it read?
June 29, 2010 02:46AM
Well, if you think you need DVDx to work, run the Hackmii installer again (assuming you're on 4.2or less. Use the current build) and install DVDx.
June 29, 2010 03:02AM
Mestizo
They completely block all DVDs except for the Netflix disk.
Netflix disc? It's not a DVD, it's got an official program on it.
June 29, 2010 03:17AM
I believe I already did that. I still have the boot.elf in my folder. I better run a bootmii2 since I lost the first one and definitely do not want any data to be lost if my wii screws up somehow. Also how do you run DVD's on the wii? What DVD names have you tried playing and what directory should I go to in order to play DVD's? There is more than one app that will read DVD's right?
June 29, 2010 12:26PM
slover2013
i do and it still says downgrade ios 37

Any chance you could take a picture of that please?
June 30, 2010 01:16AM
How do I go about booting up apps from Smash Stack. I was one of the idiots who updated and I was hoping to load Snes9xGX through Smash Stack. I through the boot.dol in the route of the SD but when I went to Smash Stack it asked for a boot.elf. There is no boot.elf in the folder for Snes9xGX. What do I do?
June 30, 2010 04:44AM
There is a fix out to mod a virgin 4.3 Wii although I don't know if I can link to it because of the files used. I believe they can't be discussed here but soon you could probably find it on Google.
June 30, 2010 05:21AM
MWisBest
There is a fix out to mod a virgin 4.3 Wii although I don't know if I can link to it because of the files used. I believe they can't be discussed here but soon you could probably find it on Google.

I just looked up "Wii homebrew 4.3" in Google for results of the past 2 weeks. The only things I came across was gaming journalists talking about how 4.3 blocks homebrew, not installing it. What you found was either something dated a year ago (Most likely a typo), or from some jerk attempting to brick your Wii or giving you viruses.

Trust me, if ANY method not involving cIOS, warez, chips, or backups is released involving enabling homebrew on 4.3, you can guarantee they'll post it on the main page (maybe in big, bold letters) the very second it's available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2010 05:27AM by Mestizo.
June 30, 2010 06:29AM
moshy7
How do I go about booting up apps from Smash Stack. I was one of the idiots who updated and I was hoping to load Snes9xGX through Smash Stack. I through the boot.dol in the route of the SD but when I went to Smash Stack it asked for a boot.elf. There is no boot.elf in the folder for Snes9xGX. What do I do?
Use LoadMii and then from LoadMii boot SNES9x.
June 30, 2010 10:07AM
There is a sort of workaround available now. You can use TBR on 4.3 now. You need to install the oldest revision of IOS41, and use it to downgrade IOS15, then do the rest as normal. That'll allow you to install a LoadMii or Wii Homebrew Launcher custom channel on a "virgin" 4.3 Wii. Or you could downgrade IOS60 and patch SM and HackMii Installer might work.
June 30, 2010 11:37AM
SifJar
There is a sort of workaround available now. You can use TBR on 4.3 now. You need to install the oldest revision of IOS41, and use it to downgrade IOS15, then do the rest as normal. That'll allow you to install a LoadMii or Wii Homebrew Launcher custom channel on a "virgin" 4.3 Wii. Or you could downgrade IOS60 and patch SM and HackMii Installer might work.

Think you guys could post a guide? I doubt we can still use Dop-Mii using Smash Stack on a 4.3. WHL channel might be a good thing to have, if it can bypass Error 004.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login