Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Restore my Wii to a "clean" state?

Posted by xs.nitrogen 
Restore my Wii to a "clean" state?
July 03, 2010 08:53PM
To make this really short and simple, way back when I first modded my Wii, some of the stuff I installed needed me to install custom IOS. Yeah, I know we aren't supposed to talk about such things, but hear me out - I want to get rid of this stuff.

The only thing I specifically remember installing was an early USB loader (No, I wasn't a pirate. No, I don't expect you to believe me). I think a couple other things wanted custom IOS, but I don't remember what the software was, nor what IOS I had to install for any of it. I deleted the apps themselves quite awhile ago, but I'm pretty sure the modified/custom IOS are all still there, and I'm worried about compatibility with legal homebrew and the effects that these files might have in the long run. Is there any way to restore my Wii to a clean, legal-homebrew-only state?
Re: Restore my Wii to a "clean" state?
July 05, 2010 04:20PM
Use [wiibrew.org] DOP-Mii to install the latest versions of all IOSes, this should clean out any pirate IOS written on top of a official IOS.
You could potentially use AnyTitleDeleter to remove any IOS not used by nintendo (I think pirates use IOS202/IOS222/IOS254) but these shouldn't affect homebrew in any way. As 99.9% of the homebrew is run in IOS36.
July 06, 2010 04:19PM
Daid
(I think pirates use IOS202/IOS222/IOS254)

Not 254, that's PatchMii or BootMii/IOS (both install to that slot).
And not 202, that's USB 2.0 cIOS (aka WiiMC cIOS aka MPlayer CE cIOS)

But 222 is right AFAIK, and also 223, 249 and 250
July 06, 2010 06:32PM
The easiest thing to do is use AnyTitle Deleter to delete any piracy cIOSes present (222, 223, 224, 249, and 250). AFAIK, cIOS 202 can be used for piracy. After all, it was made by the same person as cIOS 222, 223, and 224, and to my knowledge it has the same patches (it can also be installed with the same installer). However, cIOS 202 is usually only used for USB 2.0 support and reading DVDs, not piracy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login