Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Am I safe to update to 4.3?

Posted by optimus357 
Am I safe to update to 4.3?
July 14, 2010 10:58AM
I downloaded Homebrew to try the Balanced Brawl mod and here I am many obstacles later wishing only to move on. I really want to buy some Wii points for the CCR tracks in Rock Band 2 but of course, I can't use the shop channel until I update. Can I safely update my Wii with traces of Homebrew to v4.3? I have read about ways to update the shop channel specifically, but I have no more use for Homebrew and I simply want out. I have lots of WiiWare and DLC and losing it would be the unofficial end of the world. On what I consider a related note, Super Paper Mario is perma-corrupted in such a way that even deleting the data from the Wii menu won't make the game think there isn't a corrupt file on it. There is a blank square gap in my data menu as well, and I assume both errors are associated with my installation and subsequent deletion of Homebrew. I can't wait for someone to tell me that update 4.3 will solve these two issues and leave my Wii completely unharmed, but no one has done so yet. This will be the 3rd place I have asked this, and I pray someone here can give me a response, even if it isn't what I hope to hear.
Re: Am I safe to update to 4.3?
July 14, 2010 11:14AM
As of yet, there is no safe way (or true purpose) to update to 4.3 and keep homebrew. If you want to use the shop, just use WiiSCU and choose to update the Wii Shop Channel (If you're using v0.23 or higher, choose Wii Shop Channel v19).

Also, I don't think it's possible that Super Paper Mario would be corrupting your Wii. Have you tried deleting the save file for Super Paper Mario and play it? Is it a legit copy of the game? If you said yes to any of these, I'd suggest either getting a different copy or calling Nintendo. By "data menu", I assume you mean it's deleting channels off the Wii. No game can do that, and the only thing that could is AnyTitle Deleter, which has no way of running through Super Paper Mario.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2010 11:16AM by Mestizo.
July 14, 2010 05:59PM
Mestizo
As of yet, there is no safe way (or true purpose) to update to 4.3 and keep homebrew. If you want to use the shop, just use WiiSCU and choose to update the Wii Shop Channel (If you're using v0.23 or higher, choose Wii Shop Channel v19).

Also, I don't think it's possible that Super Paper Mario would be corrupting your Wii. Have you tried deleting the save file for Super Paper Mario and play it? Is it a legit copy of the game? If you said yes to any of these, I'd suggest either getting a different copy or calling Nintendo. By "data menu", I assume you mean it's deleting channels off the Wii. No game can do that, and the only thing that could is AnyTitle Deleter, which has no way of running through Super Paper Mario.
Did you even read the post?

@optimus357
You can safely update through the Wii's System Settings and it should not have any adverse effects on your Wii. I'm not sure about your corrupted save but if you didn't mess with homebrew that much then there may be a different cause
July 15, 2010 01:23AM
Whoa, people responded! Thanks a lot for your thoughts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login