Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A question about downgrading (This is not about piracy)

Posted by Puma 
A question about downgrading (This is not about piracy)
December 22, 2008 09:23PM
Yo.

I've been lurking around here for awhile, and finally decided to hack my wii around early October, and I've been hacking all of my friends wii's since. Sadly, they have gotten greedy and wanted me to hack VC and wiiware games onto theirs, and have bribed me to do so, I still haven't decided if I'm going to. Anyway, back on topic.

I have a 3.3v1U wii, with the HBC on there, and I recall installing the Wii shop channel and IOS287(?) that was posted on this site when 3.3V2 came along. I have yet to install the new Mii channel, though.

I am interested in downgrading to 3.2U for starfall, because I know eventually I am going to accidently play a game with an update that I don't want to, plus Starfall has some nice features I would love to have. Would anyone mind writing a tutorial or something, and would I have to un-install IOS287 or whatever it was?

Thanks in advance!

ALSO:

I am aware of this thread, but they have been flaming that person over piracy/nonpiracy. The reason I am posting it here and not following any googled tutorials is I don't want the IOS287 or anything else I have from the custom updates on here to harm and/or brick my wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2008 09:25PM by Puma.
Re: A question about downgrading (This is not about piracy)
December 22, 2008 11:48PM
Weird... IOS287? Never heard about it. Do you mean IOS 51?
December 23, 2008 12:51AM
DanielHueho
Weird... IOS287? Never heard about it. Do you mean IOS 51?

I'm not sure, I remember it was two parts.Install one thing, then the other, then I could use the wii shop channel and such...

So it would be like 3.3Uv2 but without the fixing of the fakesigning thing that got rid of DVDx and a bunch of other apps.

But yes, if its 51 then that's the one I'm talking about.
December 23, 2008 01:15AM
Yes. You should keep IOS51 and use AnyReigon Changer to downgrade.
December 24, 2008 03:42PM
I did it and all went well, thanks to help from people on #wiihelp :D

This can be closed.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.