Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel 1.0.7

Posted by cactusjack901 
Homebrew Channel 1.0.7
July 26, 2010 11:00PM
So, now it's out, and it has a new look, what does everybody think about it? Personally, I love it, but now I have to update a bunch of my icons =\
Re: Homebrew Channel 1.0.7
July 26, 2010 11:18PM
Woot, anyone got some pics or video of this "new look"?
July 26, 2010 11:29PM
Evening to all....

I know I am about to ask what may be a sill question, but I will ask it anyway as others maybe thinking it....

As a Corrected Wii owner and enjoying mainly for streaming AVI and Divx files from PC, we have just finished watching a move on closed down the playerCE only to be presented with a popup saying;

"confirmation update to Homebrew channel 1.0.7 is available do we wish to update"

So my question is this is this corrected and is it okay to select Yes, and will it change the way in which playerCE work and streams videos ?

From a concerned wii man..

Looking for advise .....
July 26, 2010 11:37PM
May stop DVDs working (temporarily) in MPlayer CE, but other than that, its fine. It wouldn't be on the auto-update if it wasn't.

Also, I saw some pictures of the new HBC, not sure I like it, but I'm probably just used to the old one.
July 27, 2010 12:07AM
Looks great IMO. They should add the ability to switch back and forth from the old look to the new one for people who dont like it. Or have a selection of skins altogether.

Still would like to be able to have custom music in the HBC but thats not much of a big deal.
July 27, 2010 12:40AM
SifJar
May stop DVDs working (temporarily) in MPlayer CE, but other than that, its fine. It wouldn't be on the auto-update if it wasn't.

Also, I saw some pictures of the new HBC, not sure I like it, but I'm probably just used to the old one.

Yeah, I was unsure at first, but I've grown to love it, I'm just not looking forward to making new icons

EDIT: Especially since I have no photo manipulation software on here right now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2010 12:43AM by cactusjack901.
July 27, 2010 01:12AM
The only ill-effect is that DVDx will be deleted, as it is obsolete. Good thing is you need IOS 202 to run DVDs. You can get the installer through the FCE Ultra GX download page.
July 27, 2010 01:19AM
Was just reading the changelog and noticed the line
"HBC now has the ??HW_AHBPROT flags set for direct hardware access, thus replacing DVDX"

Does this mean DVDX is no more even if you don't update System Menu?
July 27, 2010 04:09AM
So... A few questions...

01. What is the new TitleID?
02. What is the purpose of acquiring "anonymous usage statistics"?
03. Where do you enter the Konami Code, for NAND restores?
04. Has anyone run into any issues with the new HBC?
05. Has anyone figured out what the "little surprise, to be announced soon" is?

Just curious.
July 27, 2010 04:09AM
Anybody know the actual Title ID of the new hbc yet?
Edit: Beaten to the Punch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2010 04:10AM by brunchmiracle.
July 27, 2010 08:12AM
New title id is 00010001af1bf516 (lowest 32-bit doesn't translate to ascii well)
If it's in haxor language it might be an abbrev. AFIBFSIG? Another Fail In Blocking, Fucking S I G...?
July 28, 2010 02:02AM
TiMeBoMb
So... A few questions...

03. Where do you enter the Konami Code, for NAND restores?
05. Has anyone figured out what the "little surprise, to be announced soon" is?

3. I think you enter it to restore the NAND using bootmii/ios, but I could be mistaken. I think I read that somewhere, but I am not entirely sure.

4. Just that the darker theme makes some icons harder/impossible to read. I've also had trouble with bootmii's autoboot feature, but that's something else entirely.

5. I'm crossing my fingers for themes/skins for HBC.
July 28, 2010 03:09AM
I have a heck of a noobish question actually more like questions. First, I want to explain that i first installed HBC on my 4.2u system menu by putting the installer in my SD card then just clicking on the sd icon on the bottom left of my screen which in turn ran the installer (I guess that's Bannerbomb idk). I now still have 4.2u and as most I've been patiently waiting for an installer for 4.3. Now my question is how do I go about updating to 4.3? (I want to use shop channel) Do I first update my HBC then run the 4.3 update? Do I uninstall HBC then run the 4.3 update then reinstall HBC using the new installer? how is it even installed on 4.3? do i do it the same way i did it for 4.2? With no clear instructions I'm just plain confused please help. I really want to update so i can use the shop channel but i don't want to lose HBC and i need to know what i need to do to do it right. Thank You.
July 28, 2010 03:22AM
Has anyone else here had any problems getting to the Homebrew Channel from Bootmii? If I try to run if from Bootmii, I get a dead black screen and nothing else. If I go into the Wii menu and then to the Homebrew, it loads fine.

I haven't tried any of the emulators since the update, so I can't vouch for those still being okay or not.

I'd personally enjoy an option to switch to the old color theme.

edit2: I saw this and tried it, since it's like my situation, but no luck.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2010 03:50AM by protoman.
July 28, 2010 03:45AM
TiMeBoMb
So... A few questions...

Just curious.

I've found a major one. After installing 1.0.7 using the update prompt from 1.0.6, I cannot run games from the SD card from the following applications-

-Visual Boy Advance GX
-Wii64 Beta 1.1 "Honey"
-ScummVM Wii
-Genesis Plus

Also, WiiMC and Homebrew Channel 1.0.7 cannot read from the USB ports in the back, although better compatibility was promised. I even reinstalled 1.0.6, and the problems carried over from 1.0.7. I think it might be a fault with the BootMii installation, and is a major flaw.
July 28, 2010 04:57AM
There seems to various issues right now...

After v1.0.7 installation...

01. Wii gets stuck at black screen (seems to only happen if you have delay set to 0).
02. Loading from SD Menu is broken for some users.
03. Some USB HD's are not recognized.
04. Trying to return to Wii System Menu sometimes returns to HBC instead.
05. Some people are reporting booting issues with Priiloader.
06. Some people are reporting that various IOS's have to be reinstalled.
07. ...other issues.
July 28, 2010 09:31AM
ICEing
Looks great IMO. They should...have a selection of skins altogether.
Still would like to be able to have custom music in the HBC but thats not much of a big deal.
Agreed!

cactusjack901
Yeah, I was unsure at first, but I've grown to love it, I'm just not looking forward to making new icons
EDIT: Especially since I have no photo manipulation software on here right now
I also really like this new look...it matches my custom system menu better. If you or someone else wanted to compile a list of icons you need white-textified, I could probably handle that. I'm no programmer but I have Photoshop and would love to give back to the scene in a way such as this.

Kammesennin
Does this mean DVDX is no more even if you don't update System Menu?
Unless you don't update HBC, I guess. I remember Tantric saying DVDx was going away soon. That's why WiiMC uses IOS202 instead.

TiMeBoMb
Thanks for the list. I'll mess around with the new HBC and see if I run into any of these issues and report back.
July 28, 2010 10:31AM
TiMeBoMb

After v1.0.7 installation...

01. Wii gets stuck at black screen (seems to only happen if you have delay set to 0).

Bug in BootMii, there are workarounds

SD Menu in System Menu? Nonsense, HBC and BootMii don't affect SM in anyway

To be expected, 100% compatibility is unlikely

A bug in HBC causing it to load apps from USB instead of returning to SM. Hopefully fixed in a quick bugfix release

That's obvious. The title ID changed, of course this is going to happen. But Priiloader has been fixed already (you just need to turn on beta updates)

Change "some people" to "morons" and you've got it. These people are idiots. HackMii Installer doesn't touch any IOS (except 254 i.e. BootMii/IOS). Any competent user who has used the installer will tell you this is nonsense

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2010 10:31AM by SifJar.
July 28, 2010 11:52AM
TiMeBoMb
07. ...other issues.
01. ??? Doesn't happen to me...can you explain where/when this happens?
02. ??? Loading what from SD menu? Bannerbomb? Saved channels? Wiiware? HBC? Anyway...I have no difficulty accessing my SD menu.
03. Don't have one, couldn't test.
04. Tried with WiiMC, FCEU, SNES9x GX, and VBA GX. All return to system menu when home button pressed, in accordance with settings.
05. Priiloader still loads the same as before. Only broken option is "Launch Homebrew Channel", surely for the reason stated by SifJar. Choosing "Launch Title" instead and then selecting Homebrew Channel from the list still works.
06. Used DOP-Mii to check my IOSes...not that I had all my version numbers written down or anything...but the only ones I had changed in the first place were 36 and 202 and they're seemingly unaffected by the HBC update. DVDs still play fine on WiiMC.
07. No other odd behavior noted after checking all of my apps and even downloading and messing with some new ones. Everything works as expected. Only problem is with the new grey buttons masking some of the darker text in the application icons. Can be fixed by using different icons.

So anyway...so far so good. Good job as always Team Twiizers!

personafan87
I now still have 4.2u and as most I've been patiently waiting for an installer for 4.3. Now my question is how do I go about updating to 4.3? (I want to use shop channel) Do I first update my HBC then run the 4.3 update? Do I uninstall HBC then run the 4.3 update then reinstall HBC using the new installer? how is it even installed on 4.3? do i do it the same way i did it for 4.2?
If you want to use Shop Channel, use DOP-Mii or WiiSCU to update JUST your Shop Channel without updating the whole System Menu. You'll be able to use Homebrew and Shop Channel and you'll still be on System Menu 4.2U. There is no advantage to updating to System Menu 4.3. There are no new features or functionality compared to 4.2. That said, if you still want to update to 4.3 for no good reason, you don't have to uninstall homebrew first, as the whole point of 4.3 is to delete your homebrew automatically. Therefore, if you update HBC before updating System Menu, System Menu 4.3 will probably delete it. So just update System Menu first, and then reinstall HBC. But it won't be as easy as it was last time to install HBC. 4.3 breaks bannerbomb, so you can't just click the SD icon anymore. You have to use Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns to run the new HBC installer, which requires you either having Super Smash Bros. Brawl or LEGO Indiana Jones. I think that answers all your questions, but moral of the story: you already have the most recent stable version of System Menu, so keep it...no need to update to 4.3...use WiiSCU or DOP-Mii to update your Shop Channel.
July 28, 2010 03:51PM
It broke USB loading for me, and exiting to system menu just relaunches the HBC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login