Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slow Wii on Boot/Operation

Posted by Stickd 
Slow Wii on Boot/Operation
July 31, 2010 01:15AM
My Wii is running rather slow. It's been doing it for a while, but its much worse now. When it boots, it boots into the main menu fine (When it doesn't, it freezes before the "Press A to Continue" Screen, but that may be due to my Wii being hot since the fan doesn't work very well.). Load a Channel, and press start it it takes longer than it should. As well, going to check my saves through the main menu, it freezes when trying to load them. OK, maybe not freeze; I can use the Home button, and can turn it off via Wiimote, but then it does freeze at a black screen. Loading some homebrew takes longer than it used to, and I'm getting more freezing during some than before.

It could also be that my Wii is hot (Which, it is, so feel free to say that's the problem). Any way, Specs then: v4.2, HBC 1.0.6 (or 5, But probably 6), HackMii was used originally, bootmii installed as boot2, then BannerBomb.
Re: Slow Wii on Boot/Operation
July 31, 2010 02:56AM
Buy a third party add on fan and see if cooling your Wii fixes the problem.
Re: Slow Wii on Boot/Operation
August 01, 2010 11:22PM
I have one already. It doesn't work great, but enough to cool it down. And beyond that, I start it cold; I unplug it after use so to not overheat (Which leads to no loading at all). But either way, it still takes a good while to load somethings.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login