Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can`t run applications

Posted by dencinboi 
Can`t run applications
December 24, 2008 12:29AM
I havre a really big problem :
after i installed the hombrew channel i put in the game asteroid into the folder "apps" in my SD card and and started the hombrew chanel ...
After the app pop uped on the screen i clicked on it and then a message appears:"This is not a valid wii aplication"
And this happens with every app
What shall i do?

(Hope that my grammah is not that bad xP)
Re: Can`t run applications
December 24, 2008 12:31AM
make sure they are called boot.dol
and make sure they are .dols and not .efls (all the elfs are busy for Christmas... haha)
December 24, 2008 01:46AM
It's not such a big problem. The Homebrew Channel only accepts valid .elf files since the last update or so (beta 9, I think). Your boot.elf is probably invalid, from my experience the majority of them are. Previously the Homebrew Channel internally adjusted, but now I doesn't anymore. Use the ELF to DOL Converter here to fix your problem. I have never personally used it before, but I am sure it will do the trick.
December 24, 2008 01:49AM
If you find an incompatible .elf lying around, you should contact the applications developer and tell them to upgrade to a .dol
December 24, 2008 02:48AM
the elf to dol converter works well, fats... it just doesn't say when it is finished, successful/unsuccessful, ect...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login