Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about DVDs

Posted by Elija2 
Question about DVDs
August 16, 2010 05:58PM
I've been using DVDx to play DVDs on my Wii for a while now, but with these new updates in the homebrew scene do I still need it? I have my HBC updated to 1.0.8 so I have the ??HW_AHBPROT flags set for direct hardware access. Does this mean I can safely remove DVDx (and IOS 202) from my Wii and still be able to play DVDs?
Re: Question about DVDs
August 16, 2010 06:07PM
Yes, unless you are using apps that have not been updated to use the new tools.
August 16, 2010 10:22PM
Is there any way to remove DVDx without having to run the HackMii Installer?
August 17, 2010 12:09AM
The HackMii Installer is the best way to remove it.
What you can do is, in your "apps" folder, create a "HackMii" folder and put the boot.elf (for HackMii 0.5 or whichever you installed DVDX with) in there. Then run it with the Homebrew Channel.

EDIT: or you could update to the latest HBC and System Menu 4.3...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2010 12:10AM by bg4545.
August 17, 2010 12:41AM
DVD playback using the HW_AHBPROT flag currently only works with the latest revision of WiiMC. You can delete DVDx with AnyTitle Deleter or the same Hackmii Installer revision you installed it with (1.0.5 or 1.0.6 for the newer DVDx revision, any older installer for the original DVDx).
August 17, 2010 01:21AM
Does anyone know where I can download older versions of the HackMii Installer?

Also, why do I have to use the same HackMii Installer version I used to install DVDx with? Why can't I just use the latest version?
August 17, 2010 02:18AM
The latest version doesn't have DVDX.
August 17, 2010 03:32AM
Also, Hackmii Installer 0.5 and 0.6 only (un)install the newer DVDx (title ID DISC), while the older installers only (un)install the old DVDx (title ID DVDX). To downloading previous Hackmii Installer revisions, click the download link for the Hackmii Installer, but look at the URL instead of downloading the file. A portion of the URL looks like this: hackmii_installer_v0.8.zip. Change the 8 in the URL to the appropriate number corresponding to the Hackmii Installer revision you wish to download (note that this currently only works to download 0.5 and later; there is no legal way to obtain older revisions of the Hackmii Installer).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2010 03:36AM by jbc007.
August 17, 2010 04:49AM
I just ran the latest installer yesterday and it had an option to uninstall DVDX.
August 17, 2010 06:00AM
Interesting, I thought they got rid of that feature. By all means, go ahead and use it.
August 17, 2010 07:13AM
Yeah I haven't run the newest HackMii yet so I didn't know...
August 17, 2010 08:13AM
Thanks guys, I was able to remove DVDx using the latest HackMii Installer and selecting "Uninstall DVDx".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login