Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So what should I do?

Posted by Videogamer 
So what should I do?
August 21, 2010 01:58PM
I see that the on the main Wiibrew page it is recommended to get the latest hackmii. I belive you actually, mean the lastest bootmii though, as hackmii is just PC software for Wii interfacing. But the real thing that shocked me is you say optionally upgrade the Wii system menu officially. WHY?! Before to absolutely NOT upgrade because such upgrade will break all current homebrew software. Why would I WANT to upgrade? I know some games require it, but really what will happen to my homebrew then? Will there EVER be an upgrade for Homebrew Channel that will crack the new anti-homebrew code from Nintendo? Or is System Menu 4.3 TRULY unexploitable?
Re: So what should I do?
August 21, 2010 02:43PM
Videogamer
I see that the on the main Wiibrew page it is recommended to get the latest hackmii. I belive you actually, mean the lastest bootmii though, as hackmii is just PC software for Wii interfacing.
No. Just No. The HackMii Installer is the software your Wii runs that installs the HBC and BootMii.

At this point, I'm bracing myself knowing that whatever comes next will be even more misinformed and incorrect. *Gulp* ...

Videogamer
But the real thing that shocked me is you say optionally upgrade the Wii system menu officially. WHY?! Before to absolutely NOT upgrade because such upgrade will break all current homebrew software. Why would I WANT to upgrade? I know some games require it, but really what will happen to my homebrew then? Will there EVER be an upgrade for Homebrew Channel that will crack the new anti-homebrew code from Nintendo? Or is System Menu 4.3 TRULY unexploitable?
...And I was right. Thank you for staying so up to date on the status of Wii homebrew.

Read: [hackmii.com] . Upgrade your HBC with it. Then update via Nintendo to 4.3 . (You could upgrade to 4.3 first, but its more convenient not too)
Re: So what should I do?
August 21, 2010 03:00PM
I donĀ“t know where you spent the last two months (hiding under a rock, maybe?), but you are far outdated :)

1) HackMii Installer is not a PC app, it is the all-in-one installer for HBC and BootMii.
2) Patched updates/cIOS installation is not supported by WiiBrew anymore as of HackMii 0.7 release.
3) HackMii 0.7 and higher installations will not be removed by SysMenu 4.3, it already has circunvented its protections.
4) HackMii 0.7 can be installed on SysMenu 4.3 if already updated! Use Indiana Pwns or SmashStack exploits.
4) SysMenu 4.3 introduces IOS58 which includes USB 2.0 support, and many new homebrew apps are taking advantage of this, so upgrading is recommended.
5) There is nothing unexploitable for the great guys of Team Twiizers, these guys know more about the Wii that Nintendo themselves :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2010 03:02PM by Axel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login