Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

a comic book app

Posted by night051n 
a comic book app
December 24, 2008 11:17AM
i would like to know if there is or would it be possible to have a comic book app on the wii. basically to be able to open and read cbr and cbz files and maybe have it read from an external device. i ask this because i have a lot of cbr files on my portable hard drive and i was thinking it would be possible to have a program like CDisplay run on the wii. i wold try but i cant program and cant code although i would try.

thanks
Re: a comic book app
December 24, 2008 03:05PM
Hey, this is a good idea.... maybe not a NEW app, but an update to one of the media players...
I would like to see this too!
December 24, 2008 03:37PM
Would love to see this happen. Probably wouldn't add it to a media player though.
December 24, 2008 08:20PM
i think this would be possible, but there might be some trouble because cbr and cbz are archived files. But if this was to happen i do have an idea for the controls. up and down on the d-pad to scroll and the + and - buttons to go back and forward from pages. and the A button for the menu and load from there.
December 25, 2008 09:48PM
where do you get comics in cbr format?
December 26, 2008 02:42AM
daniel_c_w
where do you get comics in cbr format?

hmmm... I can see where you are getting at... but the same would apply to "Where are you getting your media files", or "where are you getting your roms"
December 26, 2008 05:39AM
I do not want this thread to be closed. But after reading basic stuff about the format, it looks like one used and created by "pirates".
I am corious, if anybody uses the format to sell or distribute comics, that's all.
December 26, 2008 06:31AM
I think it is a good way to get OLD comics...

I have an entire collection of old sonic ones in CBR
December 26, 2008 08:22AM
well it is a way to distribute comics, but it can be used for other thing too because you can put regular pics in there and make like a slide show. but now back on topic so any one out there makes apps you think you could try doing this one. it likes like a few people think this would make a good app. like i said before i would but i cant code and program.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2008 08:23AM by night051n.
December 27, 2008 09:17AM
[goldenagecomics.co.uk]

Not all cbz's are illegal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login