Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

emulators are used for piracy

Posted by Robert 
emulators are used for piracy
August 29, 2010 02:48AM
So what I got from my last post is this. Emulators take a significant more time to make then back-up loaders, but are still used for piracy. Now just because something requires more effort to make, in the end if it leads to the same result its not any better. Also, just because it cost companies less money it really does not make a difference. I'll bet you nintendo does't see it your way. I know i'll most likely get banned for this, and thats fine. I think this is a great site very helpful, I just couldn't overlook the hypocrosy. Sorry if my spelling isn't the best.
Re: emulators are used for piracy
August 29, 2010 04:39AM
Your questions were answered by almost every moderator of this forum. The position of the forum is already set. Besides, as Arikado said, your point has been brought out a thousand times.

What is the point of opening a new thread to start the same thing over and over again?? What are you expecting to get from this?
August 29, 2010 05:20AM
nothing just proving my point which is valid.
August 29, 2010 05:35AM
I'm getting banned anyway so heres the truth. I know lots of people with homebrew on their wii. They use back-up loaders they use emulators. They don't own the wii games. They don't own the games for the various systems. I'm sure this is the majority in all cases. So if you really want to take a stand on piracy then emulaters should be grouped with back-up loaders since they attract the same type of people PIRATES!!!
August 29, 2010 05:36AM
dude, there is nothing wrong with your opinion, there are lots of people that feel that way... but you aren't gonna change things here... save yourself the time dude. relax.
August 29, 2010 12:51PM
Don't keep making these topics.
August 29, 2010 01:50PM
No, you're not going to be banned for expressing an opinion. We're not control freaks desperate to make everyone feel the same way about everything (well, I'm not at least ;P).

I admit that you do have a valid point as I told you before. However, you must admit there is indeed a large divide separating emulators and "backup" loaders. Emulators are used illegally much less often and are much less damaging to our favorite industry when they are. One point I forgot to make before is that emulators can also be used to play a huge catalog of homebrew software -- that's another thing a "backup" loader can not be used for.

It is of my opinion that through this (and my previous post) that there is valid justification for this policy. Yes, it's still not the best set of rules, but it is certainly a fair set of rules.

I'm not asking you to change your opinion, but I am asking you to show my opinion (and the opinion of others) the same respect I'm showing yours. To that end, I'll leave this topic of discussion open for a bit longer in case you want to respond.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2010 10:01PM by Arikado.
August 29, 2010 04:39PM
I do now see your point on this subject. I understand that there is a difference in the intended use for emulators and back-up loaders. I still think that the majority of the users of emulators and back-up loaders use them for the same purpose. However its not the developers fault that people use a program for something it wasn't intended for. Really many people use the homebrew channel to pirate games, and I know this wasn't the intended purpose of its developers. So I guess what I'm saying is I've changed my opinon a bit. I love the homebrew channel, and would find the wii very boring without it. Using it, knowing it can be used for illegal purposes, kinda makes me look like a hyprocrite (sorry for my spelling) for the stand I was taking. You guys put alot of time and effort into making the wii alot more enjoyable, so I'm sorry if I offended any of you. Anyway I won't bug you guys anymore on this subject

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2010 04:40PM by Robert.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.