Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In order to avoid updating to the sept 7-8 update

Posted by Kage52124 
In order to avoid updating to the sept 7-8 update
September 10, 2010 02:00AM
All you have to do is use DOP-Mii Wiibrew Edition to add IOS 56 to your Wii, and then download the current Shop Channel (v20). Version 14.1 of DOP-Mii will not download the latest version, but this is unnecessary for getting the Shop Channel working right. This is helpful if you're doing channel loading in Gecko OS as it won't require you to update all IOS.
Re: In order to avoid updating to the sept 7-8 update
September 10, 2010 03:10AM
If you are already on 4.3, I suggest updating through Nintendo. If you are not on 4.3 already then I'd would suggest updating as well, but if you do not wish to update to 4.3, then you would use the above method.
September 10, 2010 05:57PM
I concur. As soon as Gecko OS is updated for NO IOS RELOAD and IOS 58, I'll fully update too.
September 10, 2010 06:58PM
Enough details for getting shop channel to work are already in the sticky about the update, so I'll close this topic.
September 10, 2010 10:56PM
@SifJar:

Please link to the thread as I think it's in the Getting Started section and not just Homebrew General if you're going to close this thread.
September 11, 2010 12:10AM
Oops, didn't realise I didn't close it already. Anyway, link: [forum.wiibrew.org]
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.