Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Homebrew Channel Problem

Posted by Livin4Jesus 
The Homebrew Channel Problem
September 29, 2010 02:30AM
I have a problem with The Homebrew Channel: It won't load my homebrew apps! Here is a picture of what the card looks like:
The /apps folder isn't in another folder, each app has it's own folder, etc. But it still won't show in The Homebrew Channel! The SD card is properly inserted, and it loads my SD card, but not the apps in it. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Help?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2010 02:31AM by Livin4Jesus.
Re: The Homebrew Channel Problem
September 29, 2010 02:35AM
open the "homebrew_browser" folder (or any of the apps' folders) and see if there is a boot.dol (or boot.elf) file. If there isn't, then something went wrong when you put it on your SD card.
September 29, 2010 02:43AM
Everything is in there. There is a boot.dol file, the meta and setting.xml file, loop.mod, and icon.png. I also have Snes9gx, which also has everything it needs, and that doesn't load ethier.
September 29, 2010 03:01AM
Your SD may not be compatible. If you have everything set up correctly but still your SD card isn't detected then maybe try a different SD card?
September 29, 2010 03:05AM
Well, it's actually a 4GB MicroSD card with a SD card adapter... I'll try it with it's USB reader/writer.

Let's hope this works...

EDIT: Still no good... I do have another SD Card... But it's practically impossible to write to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2010 03:10AM by Livin4Jesus.
September 29, 2010 03:12AM
Yeah, Micro SD cards are known to have more issues than regular SD cards. I'm not sure why that is, but I recommend you get a regular SD card
September 29, 2010 03:38AM
Livin4Jesus
EDIT: Still no good... I do have another SD Card... But it's practically impossible to write to it.
You have the physical lock flipped up. Flip it down. It's a little switch on the (iirc) left side of the SD Card.
September 29, 2010 03:46AM
I have tried EVERYTHING I could to get to write to that card, and nothing worked. I tried putting tape on it, no good. I tried many solutions, none have worked.
September 29, 2010 04:07AM
Oh, and try formatting your MicroSD Card to FAT. That almost always fixes them.
September 29, 2010 04:54AM
OK, I'll try that. (Dang! I always end up typing / instead of . lol)

EDIT: There's only exFAT... Should I format it to that (BTW, it's already formatted in FAT32)? EDIT: It didn't work...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2010 05:17AM by Livin4Jesus.
September 29, 2010 06:48PM
I'd advise investing in a proper SD card. They're not too expensive these days for a 1GB card (which should be plenty for most people for homebrew). If you have a USB flash drive of any sort lying around, you should also be able to use that to load homebrew.
September 30, 2010 12:15AM
OK. I'll buy a USB ( I HATE SD cards...) when I get the chance.
September 30, 2010 03:12AM
This should do the trick (cross your fingers :P) - [www.sdcard.org]
September 30, 2010 04:11AM
I just remembered I had a .rar package with all my USB stuff in there, which had all the homebrew, and IT WORKED! Problem solved. =3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login