Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gecko OS is better than Starfall(sticky please)

Posted by strongfan 
Re: Gecko OS is better than Starfall(sticky please)
December 28, 2008 09:30PM
whodares
Don't you just launch the game from within GeckoOS to skip the update checks? As opposed to using the "rebooter"
I'm not sure if it would work like that.
The menu option for region free (which includes the update skip capability) is configurable within the "rebooter" sub-menu which is what does not work in my case.
December 28, 2008 10:36PM
hmm... I can't seem to find that menu option...
December 28, 2008 10:53PM
TheManuel
whodares
Don't you just launch the game from within GeckoOS to skip the update checks? As opposed to using the "rebooter"
I'm not sure if it would work like that.
Unfortunately I don't have a disc with an update that hasn't already been installed. But why wouldn't it work? Stick the disc in, goto GeckoOS and click Launch Disc Title (or whatever it's called). I'd be very surprised if this cares for any updates (in fact, a quick flick through the source code doesn't reveal any code that uses the update partition)
December 28, 2008 10:55PM
TheManuel
I figured what it causing the issue but not why.
I have an original Nintendo and a MadCatz Gamecube memory card.
When I have both plugged in, the Homebrew Channel apparently "thinks" there is a USB Gecko installed and lights up the icon. Furthermore, when I launch Gecko OS under these conditions, I just get the Gecko OS border with no menu options and no way to exit but to force the Wii to shut down. This might be a bug of sorts.

Homebrew tends to assume that memory cards in slot B are USB Geckoes. Yes, it should probably be more careful.
December 29, 2008 12:39AM
Unfortunately I don't have a disc with an update that hasn't already been installed. But why wouldn't it work? Stick the disc in, goto GeckoOS and click Launch Disc Title (or whatever it's called). I'd be very surprised if this cares for any updates (in fact, a quick flick through the source code doesn't reveal any code that uses the update partition)

OK.
Whenever I get a disc that requires and udpate I don't want, I'll give it a try.
It looks like there is hope yet.
December 29, 2008 04:42PM
now if they could add a feature that blocks the stupid warning message at the beginning of the Wii it would be much better than starfall...

DrLucky
will the hooks also allow for trucha signed discs?

I decided to just try :) and it does work for trucha too!
December 29, 2008 10:12PM
Well, the homebrew channel can skip it when it goes back to the menu, so you'd think it would be possible to do that. Now if only team twiizers released the sourcecode...
December 29, 2008 10:58PM
How to reboot without healthwarning is in the Developer Tips on Wiibrew :P.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login