Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PAL Guitar Hero on NTSC Wii

Posted by Rizaria 
PAL Guitar Hero on NTSC Wii
October 11, 2010 09:11AM
My Wii is modified with some Homebrew to be region free. I've yet to have problems with this, but now I do.

I was impatient -and wanted the pre-order bonus of possibly winning Metallica tickets- so instead of importing my Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock from the U.S, I grabbed one here in Australia. Now the game itself works just fine offline, and connections to the Wi-Fi and game servers.

HOWEVER. The store doesn't work. It does on my mate's Aussie Wii. So I guess, something is going wrong along the way.

So my question is, is there a way to truly fool a game into thinking I'm playing it on a PAL system? Otherwise I'm stuck buying a new U.S copy. Which, yeah, I can..it'll just take a little while to arrive so that's kinda annoying.
Re: PAL Guitar Hero on NTSC Wii
October 11, 2010 04:42PM
You could make it work, but you may not want to. If I'm not mistaken, this would have to do with your shop channel region. If you change your shop channel region with AnyRegion Changer, I think it would work (I have not encountered this sort of situation before, so this is all theoretical). However, you likely will need to delete your existing shop channel account first, thereby losing everything you have previously downloaded. Also, you will need to pay the higher price that the PAL shop channel charges for wii points.
October 12, 2010 12:35AM
jbc007
You could make it work, but you may not want to. If I'm not mistaken, this would have to do with your shop channel region. If you change your shop channel region with AnyRegion Changer, I think it would work (I have not encountered this sort of situation before, so this is all theoretical). However, you likely will need to delete your existing shop channel account first, thereby losing everything you have previously downloaded. Also, you will need to pay the higher price that the PAL shop channel charges for wii points.

Ah if that's the case, bugger it! I'll just buy a new US copy. Pfft. :P

Thanks for the answer though, I guess that does make sense. Bugger.
October 13, 2010 05:13AM
I've gone ahead and bought a US copy now, should be here soon..I'll only be worried if THAT store doesn't work. xD

Don't regret getting the PAL copy though. Why? 'Cause I won a double pass to see Metallica. Pretty epic~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login