Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Homebrew theme

Posted by Krafter 
My Homebrew theme
October 17, 2010 07:24PM
Hello,

I don't know if anyone here can help me or not but it's worth a try. I am a staff member at WiiHacks.com and I also won this contest here. As the winner of the contest I earned the right to upload my theme to Wiibrew as the official WiiHacks HBC theme. I did just that on the 12th (last Tuesday) and it has not yet been posted. If it just a matter of someone not having the time yet then please disregard this post. If it was not approved for some reason, I would like to know those reasons as I did follow the posted rules. There are no copyrighted images and I did a lot more than just replace the background image. The money in the contest was only an added bonus. The real prize was to have the "Official WiiHacks HBC theme" in my name and I would love to see it on Wiibrew so it can be shared with the world.

Thanks
Krafter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2010 07:26PM by Krafter.
Re: My Homebrew theme
October 17, 2010 07:49PM
I had nothing to do with this, so what I am about to say is only speculation. WiiHacks is generally considered to be openly supportive of piracy (linking to wii game torrent sites is a dead give away). WiiBrew is completely against piracy, and clearly wants nothing to do with people who feel otherwise. I assume this applies even to a theme advertising a site supportive of piracy.
October 17, 2010 08:17PM
You have to add it yourself, so I don't know what you're talking about. Upload the .zip containing the theme.zip (and meta.xml and icon.png) and then add it to the theme directory.
October 17, 2010 09:26PM
Yeah, you can't just upload the file and have it magically appear on the themes page..
October 19, 2010 01:24AM
SifJar
You have to add it yourself, so I don't know what you're talking about. Upload the .zip containing the theme.zip (and meta.xml and icon.png) and then add it to the theme directory.

bg4545
Yeah, you can't just upload the file and have it magically appear on the themes page..

Wow, thanks for comments.... You guys really no how to make a new user feel welcome. I have no previous experience of uploading to Wiibrew, so forgive me if I asked a newbish question. There are no instructions on the page that explain that one has the ability to change the contents of the page itself. I was under the assumption that a mod would have to verify that the rules where followed before a theme would be made public since someone took the time to spell them out. The statement "Don't worry about taking a screenshot, a qualified volunteer will handle it" again lead me to believe that approval would be made by a mod.

Anyway... your comments did lead me to the solution and for that I do thank you.
October 19, 2010 04:49PM
Krafter
SifJar

bg4545

Wow, thanks for comments.... You guys really no how to make a new user feel welcome. I have no previous experience of uploading to Wiibrew, so forgive me if I asked a newbish question. There are no instructions on the page that explain that one has the ability to change the contents of the page itself. I was under the assumption that a mod would have to verify that the rules where followed before a theme would be made public since someone took the time to spell them out. The statement "Don't worry about taking a screenshot, a qualified volunteer will handle it" again lead me to believe that approval would be made by a mod.

Anyway... your comments did lead me to the solution and for that I do thank you.

LOL xD That is usually how mods are around here. Welcome to Wiibrew!
October 19, 2010 09:10PM
Wiki means anyone can edit. That's the whole point ;)
November 03, 2010 09:04AM

You guys really no how to make a new user feel welcome.
KNOW not NO :P
Sorry for that but that sounds funny with "no" XD

Ahem anyway welcome to WiiBrew, I crazy programmer iSubaru welcome You in the INN (too much RPGs)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2010 09:04AM by iSubaru.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login