Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD and SDHC card compatibility

Posted by Arikado 
SD and SDHC card compatibility
December 29, 2008 07:35PM
Recently I've seen in both the IRC and on wiibrew that some people are having trouble with their SD and SDHC cards. Many times someone complains that the twilight hack is not working, but was fixed when they used a different card. I've also seen people saying the homebrew channel wasn't loading their apps correctly, but the problems were fixed when they used a different SD or SDHC card.

So, I'd like everyone to please tell me what SD and/or SDHC cards they've tried and wether or not they worked with what they were tried on.

Eventually, I'd like to make a wiibrew page listing what cards are and aren't compatible. But first I need information to be put on said page (obviously).
Re: SD and SDHC card compatibility
December 29, 2008 07:37PM
I'll start.

SanDisk 2gb SD card. Worked on both the Twilight Hack and the Homebrew Channel.
December 29, 2008 07:39PM
I suggest opening a wiki page for this like we did for he wi-fi tests.
December 29, 2008 09:16PM
pinball Wizard
I suggest opening a wiki page for this like we did for he wi-fi tests.
And have everyone just add in stuff, as they please... Yeah that would probably just be easier.
December 29, 2008 09:59PM
hehehe, I don't know what kind of card I have. I ripped off the sticker to make the custom one...

We should also see if the SD cards are incompatible with the Photo channel as well. And see if there is any correlation.
December 29, 2008 11:46PM
Wiibrew Page for SD/SDHC compatibility tests

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2008 11:47PM by Arikado.
December 30, 2008 06:05PM
I have a bit of info, that may or may not be relevant. I also have no idea why this has happened both times I've tried to access TH.

I'm running Wii Firmware v3.3U.

When I downloaded TH from the HBC site and copied it onto the SD card, it did not show up in Wii memory management screen.
Reformatting the card did no good, using the SD setup tool also was no help, nor did any other things I found pertaining to SD card issues.

Eventually, I found the homebrew starter kit on [wiihd.wikidot.com], copied TH out of that to my SD card and poof, it shows up.

Both times I took and copied the entire 'private' directory directly to the SD root. This happened on two different cards.
I have yet to be able to see where the difference is between the two, and find it surprising that it's the one from the HBC site that I've had issues with.

Aside from this, I have had no issues with using either card for anything else.

It was very confusing and frustrating the first time around, and I still don't understand it.
Here is my original post from the first effort: [forum.wiibrew.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login