Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Priiloader refuses to load HBC...

Posted by elston87 
Priiloader refuses to load HBC...
December 11, 2010 10:08PM
I do not know whether or not to classify this as a glitch, but for some reason, when I start up Priiloader, then attempt to boot the Homebrew Channel, Priiloader will not load the channel. Awkwardly enough, I can launch the Homebrew Channel through Priiloader using the "launch title" option. However, something weird is present while doing that. I noticed in Priiloader that the Homebrew Channel has no title ID (maybe it was erased somehow by an update?), or shall I say, is displayed as [....].

So if there was a way possible, could I change this title ID to the correct one so that Priiloader can load the Homebrew Channel on boot? If not, then I think that uninstalling the Homebrew Channel and then re-installing it again with the HackMii installer will solve this issue somehow, but the least extensive effort required by my part is always a plus...

If needed, here is some information about my Wii system:

System Menu v4.3U
the Homebrew Channel v1.0.8
Priiloader v0.40
Re: Priiloader refuses to load HBC...
December 12, 2010 12:44AM
Priiloader needs to be updated for the new HBC title ID. The reason it hasn't been is because the author refuses to update it until a dangerous bug in the HBC is fixed. The reason it shows up as "...." is because the new HBC title ID is in hex and when apps or the Wii tries to convert it to regular characters (such as letters) it can't (because in hex they don't stand for letters). Because if this, the title ID can't be displayed as letters and you can't copy the HBC to your SD card using the Wii's data management.
December 12, 2010 01:56AM
Interesting post there. So that explains something about why I could not copy the channel. So it is the Priiloader that is preventing this, I guess?

Oh well. We can only hope for an update, unless something else can be arranged...
December 12, 2010 06:48PM
There is an update, you just have to get it from somewhere else, because Wiibrew removed it. The bug is that if you try to install without an internet connection, it will brick your Wii, but as long as your internet connection is fine, it wont brick.

[www.dacotaco.com]

If you really want it, just google for it. "Priiloader 0.5"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login