Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew scene moving incredibly slow.

Posted by jlenoconel 
Homebrew scene moving incredibly slow.
December 14, 2010 11:19PM
This isn't a complaint really, just an observation. The wii homebrew scene is moving really slow at the moment, at least as far as emulator updates and stuff like that. The Genesis emu seems to be getting a lot of love, but I don't see much progress in some of the others like PSX, N64, MAME and stuff like that. Is there a reason for this. Are developers moving onto PS3 or something? Is wii at the end of its life cycle?
Re: Homebrew scene moving incredibly slow.
December 15, 2010 12:09AM
You have to remember that homebrew developers have real lives and jobs and the like too. When a console is first hacked, there is a flurry of releases, because of the excitement of a new platform to dev for, but after a while, the novelty wears off, and devs don't have the time to spend on it perhaps. But at the same time, there have been some amazing advancements in recent times: things like Riivolution and WiiMC, two fantastic apps, have been released quite recently.
Re: Homebrew scene moving incredibly slow.
December 16, 2010 06:55AM
jlenoconel
This isn't a complaint really, just an observation. The wii homebrew scene is moving really slow at the moment, at least as far as emulator updates and stuff like that. The Genesis emu seems to be getting a lot of love, but I don't see much progress in some of the others like PSX, N64, MAME and stuff like that. Is there a reason for this. Are developers moving onto PS3 or something? Is wii at the end of its life cycle?

The Wii has at LEAST 1 more year in it, it's very possible that it's successor is released late 2012, but early. XD

I can't see it being replaced next year because of the 3DS, Nintendo is going to market the heck out of that, releasing another system will cause lost profits.

There's also The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, but who knows? They might pull another Twilight Princess on us and make it on Wii and it's successor! (I hope not though, the Wii needs it's own Zelda game).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login