Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Restoring a NAND after 4.3 upgrade

Posted by eskay 
Restoring a NAND after 4.3 upgrade
January 07, 2011 10:26PM
After an official 4.3 upgrade is it possible to restore a wii back to 3.2 if the HBC and Bootmii has been installed in 4.3 (and you have the 3.2 NAND)?

Thanks

eskay
Re: Restoring a NAND after 4.3 upgrade
January 07, 2011 10:38PM
Yes, but as part of the 3.2 > 4.3 update Boot2 is overwritten and you will need to reinstall it there.
January 07, 2011 11:14PM
Thanks, do you know of a guide on how to do this?
January 07, 2011 11:40PM
Before updating, make sure your HBC is up to date (1.0.8) [Check this by pressing "Home" in the HBC and the version number is displayed in top right corner of screen]
Then after you update simply download the HackMii Installer from [www.bootmii.org] and place it on your SD card like any other app [i.e. place it at sd:/apps/hackmii_installer/boot.elf], load HBC and run the HackMii Installer. Select to install BootMii and choose to install as boot2.

Its as simple as that.

But may I ask why you'd want to go back to 3.2 after updating to 4.3?
January 09, 2011 11:52AM
Hi Sijar,

Thanks for your help so far.

I have tried to do as you say but when I run the HackMii installer I can only install to IOS:

Hackmii installer v0.8 (c) 2008-2010 Team Twiizers

The test results are in:
Using IOS versions: Installer:58, HBC: 58

The Homebrew Channel: Can be installed
BootMii: Can only be installed as an IOS
The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2)

When then trying to do the NAND restore in Simulation mode I get the following warning:

RestoreMii, NAND ID: xxxxxxxxx
Checking boot2......
BootMii not found, too dangerous to continue! If your SD is corrupt or restore interrupted, you will not be able to boot to fix it...

Do you have any suggestions on how to get around this?

Thanks

eskay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 12:27PM by eskay.
January 09, 2011 01:18PM
There IS a way around that, but you should NOT restore a NAND dump from BootMii/IOS, because if it fails, your Wii will be permanently and irreparably bricked. With BootMii/boot2, you can just try again, but not so with BootMii/IOS. You cannot and will not ever be able to install BootMii/boot2. Sorry. If you have already updated, you can't restore your NAND to downgrade. If you really feel the need to downgrade, you can do so using dop-Mii: WiiBrew Edition (make sure to install a non-stubbed revision of the correct System Menu IOS [IOS30 IIRC] before installing System Menu 3.2 if you do this). However, this will be of NO benefit. There is ZERO need to downgrade.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login