Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC won't load USB HDD

Posted by john48159 
Re: HBC won't load USB HDD
January 16, 2011 03:07PM
As a devoted user of Priiloader, I do have that hack enabled (no delete HAXX, etc). I have bootmii installed as boot2 with a NAND backup from immediately after first hacking my system.
January 16, 2011 03:27PM
No delete HAXX, etc means old HBC versions will not be deleted. That's what it's for.
January 16, 2011 03:56PM
I know what the hack is for. I'll leave no-delete enabled until I find a version of HBC that allows access of the HDD. I'm not concerned with HOW I'd downgrade but whether I SHOULD and where I can find it. Searches yield nothing so I'm at the mercy of whoever may have the file on their computer, be it a previous version of HBC or HackMii Installer. My reason for starting the post as I have is that I read that HBC 1.0.6 has better compatibility with USB HDDs and no one has yet confirmed that nor supplied the necessary version that would allow my HBC to read apps directly from the HDD.
January 16, 2011 04:07PM
I have an old wad of HBC BEta 8 laying around, but I may have older versions of hackmii installer. BRB.
February 06, 2011 09:50PM
I happen to be having a similar issue. Unlike the original poster, however, my USB HDD (actually, its a laptop drive enclosure) does not work in any app that I have tried it in (WiiMC and VBAGX). I have acquired a copy of the HackMii Installer 0.6 (found it right away on google) and can confirm that it also does not work in that version of the Homebrew Channel. Bear in mind, however, that as it does not work in any apps that I am aware of, it may be even less compatible than john48159's.

Speaking of which, I'm guessing it won't work, as it requires drivers to be installed from a floppy when using it with Windows, and I can't get it to work at all with Windows 7 x64.

Anyone else have any other tips for getting a USB HDD to work on the Wii?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login