Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Format wii system memory removed HBC.

Posted by joey23 
Format wii system memory removed HBC.
January 30, 2011 05:31PM
Well a cousin has a wii 4.2e with the homebrew channel, now i dont know why he did this but he clicked on format wii system memory and now the homebrew channel is gone but bootmii is still working. he has nand backup, so should he restore the nand backup through bootmii to get the Homebrew channel back or should he reinstall the homebrew chnnel?
Thanks.
Re: Format wii system memory removed HBC.
January 30, 2011 09:14PM
Reinstalling the homebrew channel should be fine, just use bannerbomb v2
January 30, 2011 09:38PM
If he reinstalls the NAND backup it will reastore other things as wellsuch as channels and saves.
January 31, 2011 02:45AM
Which do you recommend is the easiest and safest one to do? restore nand backup or reinstall homebrew channel?
January 31, 2011 04:07AM
It really doesn't matter, they're both pretty much the same difficulty. If you want channels/savegames then you have to restore the backup; If you don't want them then you can just reinstall the HBC.
January 31, 2011 09:31AM
well i wanted to try restoring the nand backup through bootmii, it says that the dump is for a different wii? any ideas?
January 31, 2011 04:32PM
Hmm... Just install the Homebrew Channel through bannerbomb, your save files will not be affected unlike NAND restore. With the NAND Backup, the full state of the Wii including save files is copied, and they will be overwritten if you restore.
February 01, 2011 12:54PM
yer never mind, i just reinstalled the home brew channel but now im having problems with usb loader gx. the hardrive is divided into two partitions. NTFS for the movies and FAT32 for the games. i loaded the hardrive in usb loader and the games came up. the hardrive is 1tb. i tried a game but it goes black screen, it has done this for every game i have tried. also, i have tried wii flow but then an error occurs saying disc_setusb failed. any ideas please?
February 01, 2011 03:19PM
We don't support USB loaders here, thanks for (hopefully) understanding
February 01, 2011 07:49PM
no "backup" loaders. read the rules.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.