Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to completely remove homebrew

Posted by bilge 
How to completely remove homebrew
January 31, 2011 09:45PM
I want to get a fresh start of 4.3 with the smash stack exploit and so I wanted to know, how do I completely remove the homebrew channel etc and then update to 4.3? I know it says to run the latest hackmii installer but will that still work even though I'm using bannerbomb and that doesnt work on 4.3? I'm a noob coming from ps3 jailbreaking and idevice jailbreaking. Thanks for the help
Re: How to completely remove homebrew
January 31, 2011 10:18PM
Removing homebrew is as easy as removing the Homebrew Channel and/or Bootmii from the Hackmii installer, and running a standard Wii update, assuming you don't install anything like cIOSs or Priiloader
January 31, 2011 10:23PM
If you update HBC with the HackMii Installer BEFORE updating, it'll work perfectly afterwards. You can do this by running the HackMii Installer through HBC itself and choosing to reinstall HBC. However, if you installed HBC in the last few months, it already IS up to date. You can check by pressing "Home" in HBC and looking at the top right corner. If it says version 1.0.8, you can update to 4.3 and HBC won't be removed and it will continue to work after the update.
January 31, 2011 10:59PM
Ok thanks guys. One more question, how doI update bootmii? I am on v6 right now and I need to get on v8. Do I just rerun it from the sd card menu?
January 31, 2011 11:09PM
February 01, 2011 03:18AM
Thanks guys I appreciate it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login