Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii64 error: Problems Opening Folder - Using USB HDD

Posted by fkbsar 
Wii64 error: Problems Opening Folder - Using USB HDD
February 05, 2011 05:01AM
I'm trying to get Wii64 working on my WD 750g USB HDD. Wii64 is placed in the apps folder and there is also a Wii64 on the main with two additional subfolders. I think I've placed everything where it belongs but when I try and open a file I get the error "problems opening folder".
Re: Wii64 error: Problems Opening Folder - Using USB HDD
February 16, 2011 07:28AM
I have the same problem and going crazy trying to figure it out. I used Wii Xplorer and it lists the USB drive as USB1 which I think it needs to be USB(0?) to work. I've tried formatting the drive as FAT and FAT32 with no luck.
February 16, 2011 08:29AM
Wii64 (and WiiSX) don't have USB support (as far as I know). It will be fixed in the next release so just wait for that.
February 17, 2011 01:05AM
That would probably be why then! I saw somewhere theres a modded Wii64 with USB2.0 support but that didn't work out well either. Looks like I'll just have to use SD cards. Thanks!
February 17, 2011 11:58AM
Slightly off topic: Any word in regards to a rough release schedule for updates to Wii64 and WiiSX?

Know it's a question that begs a "It's done when it's done" and I'm not looking for a "It'll be out on 26th March @ 3pm". Just curious as to anyone who knows how the team are progressing and maybe a "It looks like a Q1 or Q2 or Q3 release this year"
February 17, 2011 09:57PM
emu_kidid
we have no clue when the new release will be out. We work on it when we can - if I was to give you an ETA, the ETA would be 1 month to 2 years - that's how uncertain our free time is.
Really there hasn't been much news about it but I just came across this: [emulatemii.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login