Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Block certain title IDs being loaded?

Posted by SteelSLasher 
Block certain title IDs being loaded?
February 07, 2011 06:43PM
How can i do this???

i have a few ideas:
use a memory patch using starfall or priiloader to replace the kiosk disc ID with e.g Mario Karts
Move the disc channel to the very last page and replace it with a custom made channel that works similarly, not sure if the disc channel's dynamic banner can be redone but i can do a cosmetic work around

P.S. i understand that there are simpler methods but breaking the disc would mean i have to buy another one... so its actually easier to go this way.
Re: Block certain title IDs being loaded?
February 07, 2011 07:25PM
Wait, why do you want to do this? And what is "this" exactly?
February 07, 2011 09:23PM
You want to stop certain discs being loaded? That may be possible another way. There is ONE title ID blocked in the system menu by default. It was mentioned here: [hackmii.com]

The title ID is RAAE. So if you can find the title ID in the System Menu, you could replace it with the one you want to block quite easily. Not sure if you could have multiple titles with this method.

EDIT: If you have priiloader, this should hopefully work with the new "hash_hacks.ini":

[Block Disc Loading]
maxversion=518
minversion=288
amount=1
hash=0x52414145, 0x00343038
patch=0x524D4350

I think in theory this should block Mario Kart from loading. I would greatly appreciate feedback as to whether it works or not.

EDIT: To change the blocked game change the "patch=" line to the (hex) title ID of the disc to block.

NOTE: The code above will block the PAL version of Mario Kart. It'd need changed for another region (last two digits of last line would change)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2011 08:17PM by SifJar.
February 09, 2011 08:55PM
Thanks SifJar, i knew that the RAAE id code was there i just didnt think of it
February 09, 2011 09:00PM
Did you try my hack?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login