SifJar's Wii Banner guide help
July 10, 2011 01:41AM
Before people start jumping all over me about my WAD, I just want to clarify that I used SifJar's guide http://www.wiibannerguide.tk/ to create a simple channel down to the letter. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I have created a successful WAD Wii64 channel forwarder. The question that I have is now that I have created the WAD how do I use it to turn it into a channel forwarder that I can see on the System Menu? I am using a SanDisk 8GB USB 2.0 Cruzer and System Menu 4.3.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2011 01:43AM by technoman.
Re: SifJar's Wii Banner guide help
July 10, 2011 05:28AM
You need a WAD installer but we can't help you with that here.
July 10, 2011 07:13PM
bg4545
You need a WAD installer but we can't help you with that here.

Do I need brick protection (something like priiloader as I am on system menu 4.3)? Also could it brick my Wii? I really don't want to use the cIOS or other pirate stuff.

EDIT: I tried to install my custom channel WAD and it said something like ticket error (-2011). Luckily I didn't brick but priiloader didn't work upon replugging in my Wii.

SifJar do I have to switch my NAND loader to Wanninkoko under CustomizeMii?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2011 10:21PM by technoman.
July 11, 2011 01:37AM
technoman
Do I need brick protection (something like priiloader as I am on system menu 4.3)? Also could it brick my Wii? I really don't want to use the cIOS or other pirate stuff.
You don't need it but you should have it. Yes installing a bad WAD could bannerbrick your Wii. You need to use a patched (or old) IOS to install fakesigned content.

technoman
EDIT: I tried to install my custom channel WAD and it said something like ticket error (-2011). Luckily I didn't brick but priiloader didn't work upon replugging in my Wii.
As I just said you need a patched IOS. About Priiloader, you're probably just doing it wrong; hold reset while powering on your Wii.

technoman
SifJar do I have to switch my NAND loader to Wanninkoko under CustomizeMii?
NAND loader doesn't matter, it's what boots the .dol file (or forwarder .dol file).
July 11, 2011 01:48AM
What do I use for patched IOS, from browsing around these forums it seems like this DOP-Mii thing does that but what IOS do I use? Also his guide didn't say anything about using the .dol or .elf part in CustomizeMii or WADder, could that also cause a problem?
July 11, 2011 02:16AM
We won't help you with patched IOSes.
I was just stating that it doesn't matter which NAND loader you choose.
July 11, 2011 02:52AM
bg4545
We won't help you with patched IOSes.
I was just stating that it doesn't matter which NAND loader you choose.

I wouldn't expect you to as I know it's against the rules. All I want to know is do I use DOP-Mii, where do I get it from (it doesn't sound like something Wiibrew would carry), and what IOS should I use/are available? BTW it seems like whatever this thing does it bricks easily and/or might damage the Wii (not to mention the fact that it sounds illegal).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 03:21AM by technoman.
July 11, 2011 04:38AM
We can't tell you how to use DOP-Mii because that would be telling you how to patch an IOS. If you do it right there's no way to damage your Wii and it wouldn't be illegal using DOP-Mii the right way.
July 11, 2011 05:04PM
Ok I fixed it so I can load the Wii64 WAD and after doing so I have two problems/questions. HBC flipped itself upside down (literally, the menu flipped), is this normal or do I have to reinstall HBC? Also no matter which version of Wii64 I use, whether it be bg4545's recompiled version or the official version, after showing the command line it goes to a black screen and refuses to load; in the CustomizeMii preview it shows the old version of Wii64 and I'm using the 1.1 beta 'Honey', could that be causing a problem?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2011 04:16AM by technoman.
November 02, 2011 07:33PM
Dunno if you ever fixed this issue, but I just came across this thread and wanted to let you know you patched the wrong IOS ;) You need to have no patches on the IOS HBC uses (probably IOS58) - install a clean version of that IOS and reinstall HBC to fix that issue.

As for the channel not working, I have no idea what the issue is. If the DOL you are using works from HBC, it should work in a channel.
November 08, 2011 05:43PM
Thanks SifJar I already fixed it but I think I'm giving up on trying to install a channel. It just won't load. BTW is there a channel that I can install for GeckoOS?
November 08, 2011 06:46PM
There are channels for Gecko OS available, but no where that I can really link to here. They're all in WAD format, so if you can't manage to install that, you're out of luck.

Although really it shouldn't be much of a challenge to find out how to install a custom channel WAD...
November 09, 2011 08:08PM
The only thing that I couldn't get the WAD to do was open Wii64. I can install custom channel WADs though just fine.
November 09, 2011 08:33PM
Oh that's OK then. If the PM system were working I'd send you some links, but I'm afraid as it isn't, you're on your own. Google should make it easy to find what you seek ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login