Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hi, I need help about updating

Posted by matman050988 
Hi, I need help about updating
August 11, 2011 05:57PM
Hi.

Dunno if this is in the right place but basically i hacked my wii (nearly 2 years ago id say)

I hadnt touched it for ages, but my younger cousin came round to stop and he brought some wii games with him to play.

Anyways, he put Lego Harry Potter in to play and where the disc channel is it just said 'Wii system update' but i didnt wonna update incase it bricks my wii/removes the hack etc etc.

Anyways to get around this? update to the latest version and keep my hack or something?

My current version is 4.2E, My homebrew channel version is 0.3.6, Wad Manager is version 1.4 and Backup Channel is v3.1

Anyway to update them all and get the latest wii software?

Thanks in advance
Re: Hi, I need help about updating
August 11, 2011 07:16PM
There is no Homebrew Channel 0.3.6. We don't support WADs or "Backups".
I suggest you update the HBC to the newest version and then just install the update from the disc.
August 11, 2011 09:00PM
I dont use the Wads or backups, they are just there so i thought they may be important to note, im no good with this kind of thing.

Wont installing that update from the disc update my wii to 4.3 though thus deleting the Homebrew?
August 12, 2011 01:14AM
matman050988
Wont installing that update from the disc update my wii to 4.3 though thus deleting the Homebrew?
It might not update you to 4.3 but even if it does then the Homebrew Channel won't be deleted if it's the latest version (1.0.8).
August 12, 2011 10:44AM
Updating will replace many ios with stub ios and remove permissions which some of your homebrew may be using. You can block the update prompt from your disc games by installing priiloader and blocking disc and online updates, then you don't need to worry. You should install the lattest HBC, running on ios58 and preferably run SM 4.1. 4.2 and 4.3 are the same as 4.1 for the most part so they also will work well. You really don't ever need to update anything, except certain ios when a game requires it. You can update ios with dopmii, just be sure not to mess with system ios, ios60, 70, 80, just don't update them to a stubbed system ios. It would be fine to update online to 4.3 if you like, then softmod your wii again, or you can just update what you need with dopmii and block Nintendo updates with priiloader. I personally would not update from Nintendo, but there is little harm from it if that is what you like.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login