Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hackmii Installer stops at scam warning

Posted by technoman 
Hackmii Installer stops at scam warning
August 21, 2011 04:57AM
I haven't had this problem until now. Anyway I had to do a little toying with the Wii's IOS through DOP-Mii (I used it to install a custom channel that i made) and had to remove HBC because of the upside-down problem. After removing the channel I start to run through the Smash Stack procedures and it stops at the scam warning (it says "Press 1 to continue" and no matter how many times I push the button it doesn't move). I am on System Menu 4.3U and the SD card that I used has always worked before. Please help!
Re: Hackmii Installer stops at scam warning
August 21, 2011 01:07PM
Sounds strange. Try using Smash Stack to run LoadMii and launch HackMii Installer from there instead. I have heard reports of that working before.
August 22, 2011 08:35PM
That didn't work at all. I tried Letterbomb and Smash Stack with LoadMii and neither of them work. The boot.elf causes a crash (Exception DSI occurred! and then numbers) and the bootmini.elf hangs Loadmii. I know you don't like WAD discussion but would it be possible to install a HBC from a WAD?
August 22, 2011 10:10PM
Could you have a problem in your SD file system?

Try formating with [www.sdcard.org]
August 22, 2011 10:20PM
No you can't install the HBC from a WAD. "bootmini.elf" is for use with BootMii so that won't work from LoadMii.
September 07, 2011 01:05AM
wilco2009
Could you have a problem in your SD file system?

Try formating with [www.sdcard.org]

I reformatted it and no such luck. Could I have created the next HBC patch for Nintendo? The SD card that I use is a micro SD in an adapter. Should I use a standard SD card?
September 07, 2011 08:06AM
I know there are some problems with same sd brand cards. If you can you should try with another card.
Better if you try with a standard SD card smaller than 2Gb.
September 10, 2011 05:46AM
I switched my SD card and tried it with Smash Stack and Letterbomb with no luck. Am I royally screwed? Can I reverse the effects of DOP-Mii?
September 13, 2011 06:36AM
Update ios30-36. You downgraded them most likely and they are crashing the installer. Have a look at sd:\installer.log. It should say running on ios58, bla bla bla, loading installer on ios##. This installer is most likely loading an older ios 30-36 and crashing because your wii is new and does not work with 3.2 ios. You can load dop-mii with letterbomb, then update ios30-36 and try again. I you still have issue you could post sd:\installer.log here, perhaps it will give some insight into your issue.

A 3.4+ disc update should also fix your issue.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2011 06:38AM by mauifrog.
October 18, 2011 05:24PM
mauifrog
Update ios30-36. You downgraded them most likely and they are crashing the installer. Have a look at sd:\installer.log. It should say running on ios58, bla bla bla, loading installer on ios##. This installer is most likely loading an older ios 30-36 and crashing because your wii is new and does not work with 3.2 ios. You can load dop-mii with letterbomb, then update ios30-36 and try again. I you still have issue you could post sd:\installer.log here, perhaps it will give some insight into your issue.

A 3.4+ disc update should also fix your issue.

I did what you said and Truchaed the IOS. Now hackmii refuses to install HBC because all of my IOS are fakesigned or something. Is there another installer I can use or something like a "Default Settings" button on DOP-Mii?
October 18, 2011 09:48PM
He didn't say to patch your IOSes and the problem is caused by your patched IOSes. Run DOP-Mii and install those IOSes without patches. The HackMii Installer will work after that.
October 18, 2011 09:52PM
Boy now I really have a lot of work to do as all of the IOSs are fakesigned. I guess after fixing the IOSes I'll just have to deal with a flipped HBC.
October 18, 2011 09:57PM
If you're IOSes are not patched then the HBC won't be flipped. The HBC flips when you patch your IOSes, so just having regular ones fixes it.
October 18, 2011 09:59PM
How many do I need exactly? I'd still like the ability to install my custom channel WADs. Also can you move this to the Fixmii section as I think this thread belongs better over there?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2011 10:00PM by technoman.
October 18, 2011 10:48PM
The FixMii section is generally for Wii's that are bricked or broken in a homebrew-caused way so I believe this is fine here.

I suggest that you install all official non-patched IOSes and then put a patched IOS in another slot (I can't help you with this) to use for installing custom channels.
October 19, 2011 02:57PM
Well I was successful in reinstalling HBC except priiloader came up because it wouldn't boot on IOS 80 like it normally does (something about "Did you enable es_identify). The Wii still boots but not on the IOS that I want. Can anybody tell me how to fix that IOS?
January 24, 2012 11:28AM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am having a similar problem on a virgin 4.3 Wii, there has never been any IOS changes made and I am booting the latest HackMii installer using Letterbomb.

My problem is the exact same; the installer boots but once the 'Press 1' dialog appears the Wii Remote disconnects and will not reconnect until reboot (flashes all lights forever). I was wondering if anybody has any insight into this.

Based on this info, I'd surmise that the problem has something to do with the hardware, considering that everything software related is virgin.

The causes I could think of are:

1) The SD card being used is SDHC or
2) The Wii remote being used is the new kind with Motionplus built in or
3) There is some problem with Letterbomb with this Wii? In which case a game-related exploit might work instead?

The person recently procured this Wii and has no other SD or Wii Remotes currently and has no exploit games, so I was wondering if anybody would have an idea as to what the problem might be before I tell them to go buy a game for another exploit/a new remote/a new SD card.

Any help would be appreciated.
January 24, 2012 05:03PM
if you have one, you can try a gamecube controller. even though it says "press 1", it will respond to you pressing A on a gamecube controller in port 1.

there are reports of some of the new wiimotes not working in homebrew. you can google a bit and find the model number of those wiimotes and compare yours. if yours happens to be one of these that dont work, then you might end up with some headaches trying use it with pretty much any homebrew. theres a possibility of it getting fixed in future updates to homebrew if anybody sits down and fixes the library that everybody uses. but there's basically not a chance that these wiimotes will work with any homebrew that was built up until that time.
May 08, 2012 12:04AM
Yeah, I have this problem. Our Wii died, and I got a new one - using the old controllers. My old SD card has a problem - I can't load a channel off of it - it tells me there's corruption, so I letterbombed the Wii, copied teh folder to the SD card (which works, so obviously the SD isn't bad) and can get a HBC.

However, going into it, my warez Loader won't work - says I need 249 or above. So, I start DOP-Mii or [[i]removed[/i]], and try and load a 249 or above, and I get to the "Press 'A' to continue" and the wiimotes just start blinking.

So, it's not just the new wiimotes - there must be something in the hardware.

Anyone know what i can stick in the SD card to get warez Loader again - I have drive containing all of my copies of my games (honestly legitimate only, to save the disks) and I can't get to the drive. The kids are sad as they are worried they'll kill a disc and then won't be able to play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2012 02:33AM by bg4545.
May 08, 2012 02:34AM
dawich
[snip]
Anyone know what i can stick in the SD card to get warez Loader again - I have drive containing all of my copies of my games (honestly legitimate only, to save the disks) and I can't get to the drive. The kids are sad as they are worried they'll kill a disc and then won't be able to play.
Read the forum rules.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login