Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Save File Transfer for Brawl and Mario Kart

Posted by soapy_meadows 
Save File Transfer for Brawl and Mario Kart
August 22, 2011 11:03PM
This is.....essentially the reason I got the homebrew to begin with. I want to transfer some save files from online with everything unlocked, since I did it before on my old wii but that one broke and I now have a new one. I just don't want to do all that stuff again to have everything unlocked.....so yeah what's the best way to go about this?
Re: Save File Transfer for Brawl and Mario Kart
August 22, 2011 11:25PM
You'll need to have a patched IOS36 I believe (which we can't tell you how to get here), and then you can use Gecko OS's "Reboot with Hooks" option to reload the System Menu in a state where you can copy these saves to SD card. When you go to copy them from SD to the new Wii, it should work without any hack required.
August 22, 2011 11:55PM
So say I had all that.......how exactly do I use gecko to transfer files? I'm unsure about this reboot with hooks thing, I don't know what hooks to use or anything like that.
August 23, 2011 12:36AM
The "Remove Save NoCopy Protection" hook (or something to that effect). You can do no permenant harm to your Wii with hooks, so don't be afraid of choosing the wrong ones. As long as you also get the right one, it will work just grand.
August 23, 2011 12:45AM
When I go into gecko, I see "gecko hook type" but I don't see anything about remove save copy anything. I see "no hooks, default, vbi, wii pad, gc pad, gxdraw, gxflush, ossleepthread and axnext frame."
August 23, 2011 12:58AM
Different thing. This is on the main menu, there is an option "Rebooter" or something like that. The option only shows up if you have fake signing and ES_DiVerify() patches in IOS36. Make sure you do, and then try again. The hooks you are talking about are for cheats, and are not what you require.
August 23, 2011 01:04AM
guess I don't have IOS36 then. Guess I better look that up, then the patches, THEN this might actually work.
August 23, 2011 01:34AM
I think it is better to just go with Svaegame Installer, the only thing you will need to make it work is the game disc

Download it here

I used it previously to install a save for Naruto clash of ninja revolution 3 and it worked great

Hope it helps :)
August 23, 2011 01:38AM
I don't suppose you could explain those patches a bit more? I got..... cIOS36 going right now but it didn't do anything different.
August 23, 2011 02:30AM
Or maybe just tell me why I keep getting an error with that installer.....? I get error ret - 1 when i try to use the file that I want. I've successfully extracted a file...
August 23, 2011 10:17AM
You need to make a save on the new Wii for the game before you can install the save. So run the game once, create a save, then quit and run the Savegame Installer. That should work, and is much simpler and better than patching IOS. I forgot about that tool.
October 04, 2011 08:27AM
Anther option is to use priiloader and hacks.ini file to use the "turn off game save protection" option. easy, reversible and you can do the actual saves from your normal wii menu rather than running a homebrew tool everytime you want to back up (or restore) a game save

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2011 10:05PM by Videoman87.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login