Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Channel Installer homebrew apps

Posted by boot.elf 
Channel Installer homebrew apps
September 23, 2011 08:20PM
Please note I do NOT mean wads. I mean homebrew apps that are capable of installing channels. I found some in the HBB (WiiMC, Visual boy Advance GX, FCE Ultra GX), but want more if I can get my hands on them. I looked onside the folder of the Visual boy installer and all i found were I believe a boot.dol or elf, icon.png and meta.XML. I'm happy I got these forwarder channels but would still like more. If you can find more could you point me to them? NO WADS! I'm running System Menu 4.3 and therefore have IOS58. I cannot see wad manager in the HBC menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2011 08:27PM by boot.elf.
Re: Channel Installer homebrew apps
September 23, 2011 08:37PM
There are very few standalone installers for channels. This is because developers have to make them specifically, and its less effort to release a WAD. And while you will have to use a tool not supported here to install them, I don't see why you have a problem with this method. It is the exact same as the installers, only in them the WAD installer is built it as well as the WAD. You will not be able to find many/any other non-WAD custom channels.
September 23, 2011 08:43PM
Dang. Guess I'll have to work with what I got. Back to the hacking board for me. I didn't say wad!
September 23, 2011 09:01PM
There is no problem saying WAD. The rules against WADs are purely in opposition to illegal WADs i.e. pirated Virtual Console or WiiWare games, or custom channels containing copyrighted banner code (most don't anymore I believe). These WADs are illegal, and therefore not allowed here. This is the same reason most WAD installing tools (which shouldn't be named) aren't supported here, because they will happily install these illegal WADs also.
September 23, 2011 10:31PM
Please, I'm joking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login