Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do I un-install Homebrew?

Posted by nintendofan88 
How do I un-install Homebrew?
November 10, 2011 12:43AM
Hi.

A couple of months ago I hacked my Wii, just to see what all of the hub-bub was about. I used the Smash Stack exploit and did it, which was cool. But now I would like to uninstall it, in the end it's just not my thing.

My question is how do i unhack my Wii? The only things I have on it is the Emulators & BootMii. My Homebrew Channel is updated to 1.8 and I believe the firmware for the system is 4.2.

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but I used Google and couldn't really find a definitive answer to my question(s).

Thanks.
Re: How do I un-install Homebrew?
November 10, 2011 03:22AM
You can delete the homebrew channel like any other channel, via the wii data management, or you can run the hackmii installer and select the uninstall option.

If you choose to use the hackmii installer all you have to do is put the boot.elf in a folder inside the apps folder and run it through the homebrew channel

Hope it helps :)
November 10, 2011 09:07PM
Thanks headfirst4halos!

So if I do all of that, does that mean I can update my Wii's firmware and use the Wii Shop Channel again and do all of the things I use to do with the Wii?
November 10, 2011 09:40PM
Yes, update your wii and you will be able to access the shop channel again.
November 10, 2011 11:23PM
You can do that stuff with Homebrew Channel still installed by the way. But if you want rid of it, I advise using HackMii Installer to remove it, it's more "thorough".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login