Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Wii Want to Keep 3.1 or at least < 3.4

Posted by CTRLCCTRLV 
New Wii Want to Keep 3.1 or at least < 3.4
January 04, 2009 07:52AM
Got a new wii for the holidays, then installed the HBC for Tetris (my favorite game of all time). Could not get wii controls to work with Tetris, will have to create seperate post for that later b/c I followed the other forum posts (converted to a .dol vs a .elf). Installed patchmii successfully then ran a new wii game and it attempted an update, so I canceled and it did not complete. Now when playing a new game to avoid getting updated I've am using HBC and menu loader. Unfortunately shortly my youngings will be in control and I will not be able to oversee running a new game through HBC and menu updater to prevent an update... will the successful patchmii install protect the wii to current version 3.1 even after a wii recycle/reboot? Sorry but could not find a previous post regarding this.
Re: New Wii Want to Keep 3.1 or at least < 3.4
January 04, 2009 03:23PM
Patchmii will stay on your wii no matter what you do. To prevent your kids from updating use gecko OS reboot with hooks.
January 04, 2009 07:53PM
Or install starfall after installing 3.2 with AnyRegionChanger.
January 05, 2009 04:02PM
@Arikado, thanks! It worked like a charm!! Thanks again. Also congratulations on promotion to moderator! Unfortunately you'll probably find with additional access comes additional responsibility!! Again thanks!!!

@icefire, uncertain on how to get to 3.2 only and then noticed the starfall warning of bricking with mis-use, so thought it best an attempt to pursue an alternate path. I appreciate your response and assistance!!

@Tetris fan parental units following along... After installing a gecko OS put in a new game then reset button. Then started new game which required an update so accepted however wii did NOT get updated and remained at 3.1U. Now with all new game starts the wii appears to do a quick reboot and there are no update attempts even though there is probably an update on the new game. Good stuff!
January 05, 2009 04:56PM
CTRLCCTRLV
@Arikado, thanks! It worked like a charm!! Thanks again. Also congratulations on promotion to moderator! Unfortunately you'll probably find with additional access comes additional responsibility!! Again thanks!!!
No problem. Thanks for the kind words too :) Just remember to reinstall the hooks if you unplug your wii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login