Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

homebrew browser wont load

Posted by dewespecial 
homebrew browser wont load
December 03, 2011 05:33PM
I have successfully install the homebrew channel on my v4.3u, but when I start the homebrew channel the browser doesn't load. It goes to the screen with the bubbles and that's it. The internet icon in the bottom right is lit and solid, but there seem to be another icon to the left of this that is not lit up. How do I get the browser to show on the channel???
Re: homebrew browser wont load
December 03, 2011 06:50PM
You need to download it and set it up on your SD card correctly. Guide here:

[wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
December 03, 2011 06:52PM
All you need to do is create a folder in the root of your SD card and name it apps, now open it and put the homebrew browser folder there.
December 03, 2011 07:47PM
should the apps folder be its own folder in the SD card or does is sit inside the private folder. Example private/wii/apps/homebrew_brouser
December 03, 2011 07:53PM
no it is on the root of the sd card i.e. not inside any other folder.
December 03, 2011 08:27PM
I tried that and still no luck. On my sd card I have the apps folder then the private folder. Within the homebrew folder is the boot.dol, icon.png, loop.mod, meta.xml, & setting.xml. When I go the the homebrew channel there is an icon of a lizard i think next to the wifi signal icon that not lit. Does this have anything to do with it? Is there a special way to format the sd card?
December 03, 2011 09:22PM
When you open your sd card on your computer you should have 2 folders: "apps" and "private". The "private" folder is for save data, channels, exploits, etc. It's for official stuff mainly. Inside the "apps" folder should be the "homebrew_browser" folder. Inside the "homebrew_browser" folder should be the boot.dol and other files. Make sure it's like that.
The "lizard" icon is for a device called a USB Gecko. It is not related to this and isn't neccessary for homebrew.
December 03, 2011 10:11PM
@bg4545 That's exactly how I have it set up and why I'm so lost. Everything else worked as explained, but when you go to the homebrew channel the browser doesn't activate. Should I try the whole thing over again? Should I uninstall the homebrew channel then re-install it? Or should I just do the Smash brawl process again to install homebrew even though its already on there? I don't get why its not working.
December 04, 2011 12:19AM
That would not fix anything. Either you have NOT got it set up correctly, or your SD card is incompatible. If you can, try with a different card (different brand etc.).
December 04, 2011 12:54AM
Do I need to install the Bootmii as well? It gices an option to launch it when it homebrew but the screen just goes black. I've been trying this on 2 different SD cards. One is the actual wii sd card 1GB and the other is a PNY 2GB. Does it need to be formatted?
December 04, 2011 12:08PM
You don't need BootMii, but it's nice to have paired with Priiloader in case of a brick on newer Wii's that have the boot1 bug fixed (Wii's after ~2008, BootMii can only be installed as an IOS, so you have to use Priiloader to load it in case of a brick).

Now, make sure (read, MAKE SURE) your SD card's "apps" directory structure looks like this (apps/ is a folder, anything with a "/" after it is a folder):

apps/some_app_folder/FILES GO IN HERE (.dol, .png, etc.)
apps/some_other_app_folder/FILES GO IN HERE (.dol, etc. etc.)
apps/etc. etc./etc.

So, for example, I want to run the Homebrew Browser to locally download new homebrew apps to the Wii, I would set up the folders like this:

apps/hombrew_browser/boot.dol, icon.png and everything else in this folder/

basically, just drag and drop the "homebrew_browser" folder to your "apps" folder on the sdcard and HBC should list it.

If your still having problems then you might wanna re-run the HackMii installer and redo everything (run it with the LetterBomb exploit, you don't need to load Brawl to do it, it's much simpler and faster), plus you can install BootMii from there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 12:11PM by ifrit05.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login