Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kirby: Return to Dreamland IOS

Posted by technoman 
Kirby: Return to Dreamland IOS
December 19, 2011 10:14PM
As I am getting it for Christmas, I was wondering if Kirby: Return to Dreamland requires a specific IOS. I have the "block disc updates" enabled with priiloader and I don't feel like having to use DOP-Mii again.
Re: Kirby: Return to Dreamland IOS
December 19, 2011 10:56PM
Boot it with Gecko OS first time, if you need an extra IOS it'll tell you. It'll also offer to install it for you, but it probably won't work (it doesn't with most newer games). If it tells you that you need to install another IOS, install it with DOP-Mii, then you can play the game from disc channel after that.
December 20, 2011 03:52PM
Ok, how would I install an IOS off of a disc update? I'd doubt that you would be able to download something like that from NUS.
December 20, 2011 06:29PM
Why on earth would you not be able to download an IOS update from NUS? You know that WiFi updates update IOS, and download everything from NUS, right?
December 21, 2011 12:33AM
I don't think Return to Dreamland even needs a certain IOS. If you had to install a disc update you could use WUFE (Wii Update File Extractor) to get the WAD files from the disc itself.
December 21, 2011 05:50PM
Nah, WUFE won't work if Gecko OS doesn't, it uses the same code (WUFE was released before that feature was added to Gecko OS, and then the code was merged AFAIK).

And ALL games require a certain IOS...they just don't all require a certain revision of said IOS.
December 21, 2011 10:46PM
WUFE always worked for me in the past but I haven't used it recently...

And yes I meant revision of IOS, not the IOS itself.
December 21, 2011 11:35PM
WUFE uses the same code as Gecko I'm pretty sure, so it'd fail on recent games the same as Gecko I believe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login