Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii prefix not listed in Letterbomb database.

Posted by d3m0n1q_733rz 
Wii prefix not listed in Letterbomb database.
January 04, 2012 11:41AM
Here's the deal. I have a Wii with a MAC address prefix of 00:1A:E4 that is otherwise listed by IEEE as being for another company. I can't download Letterbomb for it. The please.hackmii.com site is locked down from blocking GET requests to making static.hackmii.com say "go away" so I can't download and mod the code for myself to use the prefix.
These people are having similar issues: Issues with MAC address database
Can a checkbox be incorporated as a "last resort" to bypass the prefix database and force a bundle craft for the MAC address? Maybe even a secret option if you want to keep it with the same basic functionality of telling you the MAC address is not in the database?
A philosophy I live by: "Anything that can go wrong will--just because it's me trying it."
Please?
Re: Wii prefix not listed in Letterbomb database.
January 06, 2012 11:57PM
I sent and e-mail to IEEE about the discrepancy and here's their reply (It's possible for two companies to use the same prefix):

Dear Sir,

Per question received below, as shown, Medicis Technologies Corporation is what we currently have registered. The IEEE Registration Authority only provides unique identifier, but there could be a possibility that Nintendo could be doing business with Medicis. Unfortunately, we do not keep records on what the companies are using the assignments for.

Regards,

Carmen

Here are the results of your search through the public section of the IEEE Standards OUI database report for 001AE4:

00-1A-E4 (hex) Medicis Technologies Corporation
001AE4 (base 16) Medicis Technologies Corporation
11818 North Creek Parkway N.
Bothell WA 98011
UNITED STATES

Regards,

Carmen

Hello, I was looking through your database and found a slight discrepancy between a device and your registered MAC address entry. For the prefix 00:1A:E4, my Nintendo Wii is using the MAC address. You have it listed as Medicis Technologies Corporation.

I was wondering if it's possible for two companies to use the same prefix or if your site or Nintendo might have made a mistake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IEEE Registration Authority
IEEE Standards Department
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854 USA
Phone: +1 732-465-6481
Fax: +1 732-562-1571
E-mail: ieee-registration-authority@ieee.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[standards.ieee.org]

IEEE. Advancing technology for humanity.
January 11, 2012 04:39AM
Anyone else having problem prefixes?
February 03, 2012 08:23PM
Just so you know, this hasn't been resolved as of yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login